Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Sorry, another post about swapping a UK Driving Licence

Sorry, another post about swapping a UK Driving Licence

Old May 21st 2022, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Gyges is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sorry, another post about swapping a UK Driving Licence

Hope someone can advise me on my situation as I have been unable to get a response from IMT either by email or telephone.

I have applied for Portuguese residency and continue to await my SEF appointment.

Though my application relates to my period of residency here in 2020, I returned to UK in 2020 and again in 2021 and last entered Portugal on 7 January 2022.

In response to my Residency application, I received from SEF on 19 January 2022. a Certificado De Pedido De Título De Residência Artigo 50.º Do Tue and understand that this document may serve in certain areas as a stand in for the Residency Permit, enabling me to apply now to swap my UK driving licence.

My queries are :

(I) On the IMT form Troca De Títulos De Condução Estrangeiros 3.0 where it asks for Data fixação residência em Portugal would I put the date I last entered Portugal (7 January 2022) and, if so, what consequences would ensue given that this was more than 90 days ago ;

(II) If instead of applying to swap my licence now, I awaited the issue of my residency card and when it arrived inserted its date as the Data fixação residência em Portugal, would I be legally entitled to drive on my UK licence in the meanwhile.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to advise on this