Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

signature on Fiscal representative Form

signature on Fiscal representative Form

Old Feb 26th 2021, 11:56 am
Just Joined

pickardj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default signature on Fiscal representative Form

Hi. I need - post brexit - to appoint a Fiscal Rep in Portugal as I am not resident. I have the form on which to nominate them but it requires my signature to be notarised in the UK. Does anybody know if i really need a notary public or if the usual solicitor's authentifiaction of my signature is acceptable?
Old Feb 26th 2021, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: signature on Fiscal representative Form

Where did you get this form from please ?
Old Feb 26th 2021, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by robbie20
Where did you get this form from please ?
A friend asked at the local tax office but i have it digitally. Can we attach or copy text on private messages somehow?

Last edited by Rosemary; Feb 26th 2021 at 4:09 pm. Reason: corrected quote
Old Feb 26th 2021, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Now that we are all going to have to go back to paying for a fiscal representative, have you got anybody in mind to use in Portugal ?
Old Feb 26th 2021, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

A friend is doing it for free. My tax affairs in Portugal are limited to 30 euros a year for IMI so it is not an onerous responsibility.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 9:33 am
Just Joined

fredscubed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pickardj
Hi. I need - post brexit - to appoint a Fiscal Rep in Portugal as I am not resident. I have the form on which to nominate them but it requires my signature to be notarised in the UK. Does anybody know if i really need a notary public or if the usual solicitor's authentifiaction of my signature is acceptable?
Hi we are undergoing the same process in the last few days. Included in the documents sent by our legal representative in the Algarve was a fairly basic form granting her Power of Attorney "Before the Tax Departments, to obtain the fiscal number and deal with any other matters that they may find necessary". Fairly straight forward and nothing needed to be notarised here in the UK.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fredscubed
Hi we are undergoing the same process in the last few days. Included in the documents sent by our legal representative in the Algarve was a fairly basic form granting her Power of Attorney "Before the Tax Departments, to obtain the fiscal number and deal with any other matters that they may find necessary". Fairly straight forward and nothing needed to be notarised here in the UK.
What sort of charge are you paying for the service Fred? Is this through your regular solicitor or just someone you have found recently?NB. If you think the charge is personal and do not want to say I can respect that.

Old Mar 1st 2021, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

fredscubed is an unknown quantity at this point

We have engaged a local solicitor who will act on our behalf to manage all of the residency and house buying process. We intend to relocate (depending on Covid) later this summer under the NHR scheme. I am retired and receive a UK Government Pension so am eligible for a D7 Visa. However my wife is in a senior regulatory role for a large company who will become employed by its Portugese affiliate and as such can get a D3 Visa. The Portugese Consulate in London were very helpful and advised us she should just apply for her D3 Visa and I should apply for my D7 once we have arrived in Portugal. As nothing can proceed without the Fiscal number our Portugese lawyer said she would not charge us for it as its relatively simple, even with Brexit. I imagine she is covering this relatively modest overhead to gain the larger business of our residency and house purchase.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Years ago when we had to use a local solicitor to take care of paying our IMI only that. We do not have any other financial concerns in Portugal, they charge quite a lot of money. This is obviously why we were pleased when the law changed and we could then pay the IMI ourselves, with the forms being sent to our home in England. Now we have left the EU we have to all go back to using somebody who is resident in Portugal. I have asked a local firm in Tavira and got a reasonable price. I have also asked a Portuguese lady who takes care of the house for us when we cannot get there.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Years ago when we had to use a local solicitor to take care of paying our IMI only that. We do not have any other financial concerns in Portugal, they charge quite a lot of money. This is obviously why we were pleased when the law changed and we could then pay the IMI ourselves, with the forms being sent to our home in England. Now we have left the EU we have to all go back to using somebody who is resident in Portugal. I have asked a local firm in Tavira and got a reasonable price. I have also asked a Portuguese lady who takes care of the house for us when we cannot get there.
Who did you ask in Tavira Robbie, we are just outside Tavira.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Will I have to send you a private message with that information ? Otherwise it could be seen as advertising ?
Old Mar 1st 2021, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Will I have to send you a private message with that information ? Otherwise it could be seen as advertising ?
Yes, probably for the best.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chislenko
Yes, probably for the best.
I've just sent you a private message. Hopefully you will get it. I am in England and cannot get to Portugal for goodness knows how long. I explained this in my email to the company. They wanted to set up a zoom meeting with me, but eventually I got an email from a very helpful chap telling me how much they charge for doing this work.
Old Mar 1st 2021, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've just sent you a private message. Hopefully you will get it. I am in England and cannot get to Portugal for goodness knows how long. I explained this in my email to the company. They wanted to set up a zoom meeting with me, but eventually I got an email from a very helpful chap telling me how much they charge for doing this work.
Message received, thanks Robbie.
Old Mar 6th 2021, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

appman999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pickardj
A friend is doing it for free. My tax affairs in Portugal are limited to 30 euros a year for IMI so it is not an onerous responsibility.
In that case do you need to use a form.

I intend going to the AT web page for appointing a fiscal rep.

Haven't done it yet so don't know what happens next. Anybody done this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.