Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

to seville for celebration

to seville for celebration

Old May 13th 2009, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

jbeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default to seville for celebration

Hi. We are bringing over some friends in sept for a week to our place in tavira. It will be their silver anniversary and thought we may go up to Seville for the night. We drove up for 2 nights 3 years ago and traffic and parking was horrendous. We did have to drive to other side of Seville. Anyone know of any convenient carparks to our side of Seville? Can you park easily in them or need to get there early. Can anyone recomend a nice hotel that we could then walk or cab it to. Or does anyone know of taxi prices, presume they will be dear. Many thanks:
Old May 13th 2009, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: to seville for celebration

Originally Posted by jbeth
Hi. We are bringing over some friends in sept for a week to our place in tavira. It will be their silver anniversary and thought we may go up to Seville for the night. We drove up for 2 nights 3 years ago and traffic and parking was horrendous. We did have to drive to other side of Seville. Anyone know of any convenient carparks to our side of Seville? Can you park easily in them or need to get there early. Can anyone recomend a nice hotel that we could then walk or cab it to. Or does anyone know of taxi prices, presume they will be dear. Many thanks:
I cannot help with the hotel but when I have been to Sevlle from Ayamonte. I have learnt that on approaching Seville, that once you have crossed the 2 river bridges you come to a large set of traffic lights. Immediately on your left is the Bus station .Apparently there is a car park underneath although I have not used this.
If you turn left there are definitely car parks signposted on the right hand side of the road within 600yds. They tend to be underground.
Old May 14th 2009, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Green_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by guesswork
I cannot help with the hotel but when I have been to Sevlle from Ayamonte. I have learnt that on approaching Seville, that once you have crossed the 2 river bridges you come to a large set of traffic lights. Immediately on your left is the Bus station .Apparently there is a car park underneath although I have not used this.
If you turn left there are definitely car parks signposted on the right hand side of the road within 600yds. They tend to be underground.
I have used this car park. Very easy to use but have plenty of cash to pay on foot on exit. No card payment as far as I could find.
Old May 14th 2009, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Hi
we use the bus station car park every time we visit Seville
A couple of years ago we did basically what you have planned
The hotel we stayed @ was the Sercotel Rey Alfonso X ( not to confused within the Alfonso X111)
If my memory serves me correctly is was about 80 euros for the night for the pair of us,it is situated right behind the cathedral & most of the things you are likely to want to visit are within 5 mins walking distance.
The taxi from the car park to hotel wasn't excessive & you would never find it driving yourself anyway.
We walked back to the car park from the hotel it's a very easy 15 mins stroll including some window shopping
If you fancy splashing a few euros out on a restaurant you could try the
Egana Oriza, +34 954 227 211 www.retauranteoriza.com
The chef & restaurant are internationally acclaimed ( or were then) & is walking distance from the hotel
Regards
Chris

Last edited by chrismortley; May 14th 2009 at 1:24 pm.
Old May 14th 2009, 4:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed here
Its about a 10 minute walk to the Cathedral through pedestrian streets
It was clean, fairly basic but also fairly cheap and a beautiful building
Hotel Casona de San Andrés (In the 3 star hotel section)
http://www.sevilla5.com/hotels/seville.html

There is a car park about a block away to the West but I cant remember the name. Car parking iirc is about €18 a day though

Last edited by Mitzyboy; May 14th 2009 at 5:01 pm.
Old May 16th 2009, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks all for your suggestions. I allo saw on map a carpark at paseo de colon ( going right when over the 2 bridges) Has anyone used this one? If we park in the bus station underground carpark do we need to get there early? It will be on a Tuesday.
Old May 17th 2009, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Many thanks all for your suggestions. I allo saw on map a carpark at paseo de colon ( going right when over the 2 bridges) Has anyone used this one? If we park in the bus station underground carpark do we need to get there early? It will be on a Tuesday.
The bus garage car park is a good size so you shouldn't have any problems getting parked.
One of the reasons we use this car park is that when leaving you are facing the correct direction to go home avoiding central Seville.
I am sure there are others,maybe the one you have located on your map ?

Chris
Old May 17th 2009, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for advice. I think that we will use the bus station carpark as you,ve all suggested.
Old May 20th 2009, 4:41 pm
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: to seville for celebration

Thanks for advice. I think that we will use the bus station carpark as you,ve all suggested.
Enjoy Seville.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

garden2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: seville car park

Hi
I am planning a trip to Seville in October. Intend to travel by car and use the car park under the bus station (Car park Plaza de Armas).
Does anyone know if it is ok to park here for 5 consecutive days? Also, any idea of the daily charge?
Many Thanks
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:23 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: seville car park

Originally Posted by garden2002
Hi
I am planning a trip to Seville in October. Intend to travel by car and use the car park under the bus station (Car park Plaza de Armas).
Does anyone know if it is ok to park here for 5 consecutive days? Also, any idea of the daily charge?
Many Thanks
I'm not sure about the number of days, but the charges when I was there last seemed to be around €18 a day.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

garden2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mitzyboy
Not cheap - but better than trying to find the hotel via narrow/one way streets - it was a nightmare last time we visited. Might also check out the bus from Tavira.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:34 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by garden2002
Thanks Mitzyboy
Not cheap - but better than trying to find the hotel via narrow/one way streets - it was a nightmare last time we visited. Might also check out the bus from Tavira.
You could always park over the bridges somewhere and walk in
Old Jul 21st 2009, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
We stayed here
Its about a 10 minute walk to the Cathedral through pedestrian streets
It was clean, fairly basic but also fairly cheap and a beautiful building
Hotel Casona de San Andrés (In the 3 star hotel section)
http://www.sevilla5.com/hotels/seville.html

There is a car park about a block away to the West but I cant remember the name. Car parking iirc is about €18 a day though
Some fab hostels and apartments on this site - great locations and prices. We stayed in one of the apartments right in the centre - masses of space, garden courtyard and right on one of the plazas.