Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Satellite Internet

Satellite Internet

Old Jun 7th 2021, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Satellite Internet

Congratulations!
Old Jun 7th 2021, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

borisface is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by santaanita
ok all installed 3hours ran cable as i wanted it,dish has to go in direction of sat,which worked ok for me,the modem has 4 ethernet connection and of course is wi fi.
i have ran 3 speedtests with 3 didfferents apps and regesterd 86mbs 92mbs 101mbs did a little jig when it went over a 100 coudnt help it,see how it goes over next month
their are 3 packages 22euro 34euro 49 euro i got the 49euro one
Wow! That's pretty impressive. It will be interesting to see how it goes over the next month. I guess one thing that you're not going to be able to test for a while is how it performs with cloud cover. But thanks for the update that gives some food for thought. Out of interest whereabouts are you? we're near Castelo Branco and in the mountains but we get satellite TV OK, so I guess sat internet would be ok.

Old Jun 7th 2021, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by borisface
Wow! That's pretty impressive. It will be interesting to see how it goes over the next month. I guess one thing that you're not going to be able to test for a while is how it performs with cloud cover. But thanks for the update that gives some food for thought. Out of interest whereabouts are you? we're near Castelo Branco and in the mountains but we get satellite TV OK, so I guess sat internet would be ok.
we are central town called Gois,the dish is pointing the same as our dish for televison astra2 at 28.east,i think it satellite is EUTELSAT
Old Jun 7th 2021, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

we are central town called Gois,the dish is pointing the same as our dish for televison astra2 at 28.east,i think it satellite is EUTELSAT
Oh yeah I know Gois. Pretty similar terrain to round us - hilly! Thanks.
Old Jun 8th 2021, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

just a footnote,it would seem that satellite internet would not be good for gamers as the ping is very high
Old Jun 8th 2021, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Santaanita. CONNECT.PT cannot be reached. Can you please confirm the satellite internet company?
Old Jun 8th 2021, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BillBullock
Hi Santaanita. CONNECT.PT cannot be reached. Can you please confirm the satellite internet company?
Konnect.pt
Old Jun 8th 2021, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Konnect.pt
Korrect, thanks santaanita. I'm looking at satellite internet right now. Konnect have better deals than SkyDSL but satellite internet is quite expensive when you factor in the cost of the new equipment needed.
I am thinking of changing suppliers as I'm having hassle with MEO, even though I've been with them for ages. They don't like package changes at the end of contract periods and they are hopeless at communicating with their customers. Believe it or not, I cannot have a package without TV now. What nonsense! I hope to sort them out very soon but I have to admit that they have been giving me good, unlimited internet for 31 Euros per month till now and fibre cable is not far off in the Algarve countryside.
Old Jun 8th 2021, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BillBullock
Korrect, thanks santaanita. I'm looking at satellite internet right now. Konnect have better deals than SkyDSL but satellite internet is quite expensive when you factor in the cost of the new equipment needed.
I am thinking of changing suppliers as I'm having hassle with MEO, even though I've been with them for ages. They don't like package changes at the end of contract periods and they are hopeless at communicating with their customers. Believe it or not, I cannot have a package without TV now. What nonsense! I hope to sort them out very soon but I have to admit that they have been giving me good, unlimited internet for 31 Euros per month till now and fibre cable is not far off in the Algarve countryside.
i agree meo are hopeless but i would probally stayed had fibre been on offer but i am told no chance,early days but 1 day on and still getting in the 90s mbts,one thing i have noticed that i am not so happy about is that i am being bombarded with adverts not iffy ones but every bank in portugal and finace type
Old Jun 8th 2021, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

ok the ads have gone up a gear,just had one from a lady who wants to know if i would like to contact her the picture of her with a rose between her buttocks sent a mixed message,suppose i would but the wharth of swmbo makes me think no.will ask konnect why this happening,speed still good though

Last edited by santaanita; Jun 8th 2021 at 2:39 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2021, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

How are the ads being shown? is it when you visit a webpage?
Old Jun 8th 2021, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm!

What operating system are you using?

Sounds like a firewall or proxy problem!
Old Jun 8th 2021, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

they just pop up from the rightjust had a mcafee one,now miiennium
Old Jun 8th 2021, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by barlaventoexpert
Hmm!

What operating system are you using?

Sounds like a firewall or proxy problem!
windows 10 with microsoft edge browser
Old Jun 8th 2021, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

no even when i open a new tab they slide in from rthe right of the screen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.