Salamandras

Old Mar 27th 2018, 11:11 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salamandras

Originally Posted by beccydan
Lol! Thanks!! Will have a re-think and a chat with the builder. We've got dbl glazing doors and windows, but not sure how to find out (short of knocking a hole in it!) what sort of walls we've got - it was only built 8 years ago? No loft hatch so no way of knowing re roof insulation either. Have rechecked the survey and EPC but no clues there either....
Built 8 years ago,it should have an insulation layer between the cavity walls.
We have a 25mm thick blue material The roof would probably be concrete beams with a concrete infill and then covered with a waterproof membrane and then tiles.
Have you got your Ficha Technica ?
What is your energy rating ?
Old Mar 27th 2018, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

beccydan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EMR
Built 8 years ago,it should have an insulation layer between the cavity walls.
We have a 25mm thick blue material The roof would probably be concrete beams with a concrete infill and then covered with a waterproof membrane and then tiles.
Have you got your Ficha Technica ?
What is your energy rating ?
Hey EMR - thank you for your help. According to the EPC, I'm a D..... Where would i get the ficha technica? Been back through the survey gumph - nothing in there that i can see?

Thanks!!
Old Mar 8th 2019, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

So, for reference purposes- our experience after the First Winter (Well, that's what they call it here anyway, because it has, GASP!!!, got down to BELOW ZERO !!!!! a couple of mornings )

Our two 8KW pellet burners in our 'capoto' (polystyrene external cladded), thick roof insulation and new double glazing insulated house worked wonderfully
They heated the downstairs 250 m2 fine, lovely and toasty and very quick to heat up. We could have even p'raps got away with a smaller one in the living room, but its fine.
The heat didn't really get upstairs very efficiently (very thick concrete floors and heat didn't really go up the stairs much), but fine at around 18 C for me (PT wife considers that 'freezing' tho )
Cleaning a breeze with an ALDI bought ashes hoover and special wood burner glass cleaner (latter a must) - 10 mins twice a week
Pellets I just get at local Continente to have a smaller storage space for them (have to be in dry) and to avoid any 'combinations' with PT delivery people
When burners getting empty, I just get a 15 kg bag from the Annex and pour it into the hopper
All in all much much less hassle than my previous experience with a Fogo Montanha recuperador wood burner - that was great but I dont have the time for the work entailed- the pellet burners are a bit like an oil boiler with 'fluidised' wood.
Can leave them burning when out & put them on a time
Proper sandwich tube chimney installations expensive but worth it

Overall, very happy with system