Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

road travel into Spain?

road travel into Spain?

Old Dec 7th 2020, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

suiko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default road travel into Spain?

Need to find something to do over Xmas, given that I'm on my own and my family are paranoid about the virus so I can't even go back to England.

What I'd really like to do is a road trip over the Atlas and down to the oases, but not the moment for such adventures. So I was thinking of renting a car... and given the fact that it's winter, probably heading over into Andalucia. Has anyone been over recently? I know there are local restrictions with Andalucia, but presumably the border is open and no test required on land borders (in the unlikely event there should be anyone there anyway on remote Sierra Morena border posts!)
Old Dec 7th 2020, 8:43 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: road travel into Spain?

Originally Posted by suiko
Need to find something to do over Xmas, given that I'm on my own and my family are paranoid about the virus so I can't even go back to England.

What I'd really like to do is a road trip over the Atlas and down to the oases, but not the moment for such adventures. So I was thinking of renting a car... and given the fact that it's winter, probably heading over into Andalucia. Has anyone been over recently? I know there are local restrictions with Andalucia, but presumably the border is open and no test required on land borders (in the unlikely event there should be anyone there anyway on remote Sierra Morena border posts!)

Not sure whether you will be able to go into Andalucia because at the moment many of the provinces have closed their borders to all but essential travel so this may or may not continue.

Rosemary
Old Dec 7th 2020, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly possible to cross the borders at moment but only you can decide if a good idea to do so into Andalusia.
A friend came through Badajoz last week in UK vehicle unquestioned.
Old Dec 7th 2020, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, both! I'll clearly have to check up on local restrictions nearer the time.
Old Dec 7th 2020, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment in Andalucia travel between towns is not allowed.
I can travel from Gibraltar into La Linea but no further. Although I believe some are doing so using the excuse that the facilities they are attending do not exist in La Linea, for example Leroy Merlin
Old Dec 7th 2020, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, Fred! Will have to check if this is also the case in Extremadura.

Has there been talk of relaxing restrictions over Xmas, as here and in UK?