Reload this Page >

Renting ( medium - long term) with pet

Renting ( medium - long term) with pet

Old Dec 12th 2008, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

whitehorse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renting ( medium - long term) with pet

Greetings

For so many reasons when we relocate to Portugal ( Silver or Lisbon coast or western Algarve -Lagos) or Funchal, Madeira we want to rent for the first year or two. We have a 3 year old Golden Retriever as part of the family.

Is there the same headaches of renting in Portugal and Madeira as in the UK when you have a pet? So many landlords say " no pets, no children " that finding the right property is difficult.

Any advice ?

Caio.

Ray
Old Dec 13th 2008, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Renting ( medium - long term) with pet

Originally Posted by whitehorse
Greetings

For so many reasons when we relocate to Portugal ( Silver or Lisbon coast or western Algarve -Lagos) or Funchal, Madeira we want to rent for the first year or two. We have a 3 year old Golden Retriever as part of the family.

Is there the same headaches of renting in Portugal and Madeira as in the UK when you have a pet? So many landlords say " no pets, no children " that finding the right property is difficult.

Any advice ?

Caio.

Ray
In a word, yes, same as U.K but worse as long term lets are harder to find as many are in local portuguese newspapers. Also portuguese landlords often don't understand that English people like to let their dogs inside the house. You will have to be adaptable on area and try to get agencies to do the work for you. We got one with English landlord through "Chavetejo" but had to move inland.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

bart n caz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renting ( medium - long term) with pet

Try looking at Sapo, thay have rental properties.

http://www.casa.sapo.pt

Good Luck and Merry Christmas.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future

it could be very difficult to find a place that is happy to take pets, most Portuguese owners refuse to allow pets inside, your best bet is finding a property owned by brits, some times owners allow pets but will charge you more rent!
speak to a few agnets in the areas your interested in, but make sure they ask about your pets, before you agree to rent.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

solardove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whitehorse
Greetings

Any advice ?

Caio.

Ray
i moved to alvor in November found 2 bed place to live within a couple of weeks with 2 dogs get local english written paper many private rents in there but your best bet is decide where you are going and speak to the locals ....good luck regards Julia
Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by solardove
i moved to alvor in November found 2 bed place to live within a couple of weeks with 2 dogs get local english written paper many private rents in there but your best bet is decide where you are going and speak to the locals ....good luck regards Julia
I am also looking for a long term rent in the Algarve area but also need land with the property, any suggestions please. We are in the Algarve at present.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Titleist
I am also looking for a long term rent in the Algarve area but also need land with the property, any suggestions please. We are in the Algarve at present.
there are plenty in my local paper portimao lagos alvor area portimao the lodge on large country eastate 3 beds small poolsky tv telephone pets welcome tel 282471851 or 0351919041903 for example this is in this weeks paper....yes i am living in Alvor got here 4th Nov on my own drove with 2 dogs and i am loving it drank champagne on the beach yesterday the sun was bleating down.....regards Julia
Old Dec 26th 2008, 6:21 pm
Not So Senior Member!

max0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond repute

The reason we bought in PT was because of many a happy holiday in Alvor, we loved the quaint fishing village and quiet way of life, however our offices are in Quinta do Lago so it was too far to commute, so in the end we bought in Pata De Baxio Its been so long since we have been out though I've forgotton where it is
Old Dec 27th 2008, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Yes there is loads around the portimao area, we've been looking near lagos though, just come back and can't find anything suitable.

Seen quite a few properties but they have obviously been owned by the same owner since new and the ovens look like they are older than the house! From the ones I have seen they have been happy about pets, but only if there is a quintal (yard) or something for them to be in.

I'm going to start looking more with brit owners though as there must be loads coming back what with interest rates and the strong euro but most want to go down the holiday rental route, trouble is next year I doubt they'll get 6 weeks let alone 12.

G
Old Feb 7th 2009, 12:27 am
Just Joined

dragonflyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Supremegermalene
Yes there is loads around the portimao area, we've been looking near lagos though, just come back and can't find anything suitable.

Seen quite a few properties but they have obviously been owned by the same owner since new and the ovens look like they are older than the house! From the ones I have seen they have been happy about pets, but only if there is a quintal (yard) or something for them to be in.

I'm going to start looking more with brit owners though as there must be loads coming back what with interest rates and the strong euro but most want to go down the holiday rental route, trouble is next year I doubt they'll get 6 weeks let alone 12.

G
Is there any way of getting the message out to the brits that at the moment long term rents would probably be better, at least cover costs instead of create debts, i am looking to move apts at the moment (and getting pritty desperate) and the most annoying part is that in my area (albufeira) there are hundreds of apts standing empty, the apt nextdoor to the one i am in at the moment is "Brit" owned has been used on average for no more that 4 to 6weeks a year for the last 5 yrs, i cant imagine that even covers the condominio costs never mind morgage but they still refuse long lets, with the money they would save, they could afford a 5* hotel for those weeks and still have spending money "its maddness"
Old Feb 7th 2009, 6:47 am
Keep smiling

Helpful-Bob will become famous soon enough

It makes sense in this economic climate.....I don't know why people don't do it...must be too rich
Old Feb 7th 2009, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

carolyn1 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is really suprising to me what you are saying because I have a villa that I have been trying to rent out for ages. And I welcome pets. Maybe its just in the wrong area or Im just not advertising it properly....
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

ninakula is just really niceninakula is just really niceninakula is just really niceninakula is just really niceninakula is just really niceninakula is just really niceninakula is just really niceninakula is just really nice

Originally Posted by carolyn1
It is really suprising to me what you are saying because I have a villa that I have been trying to rent out for ages. And I welcome pets. Maybe its just in the wrong area or Im just not advertising it properly....
Me too - big 5 bed house and a cottage you can get an income from - I positively encourage pets as my property has a lot of land - have been advertising for ages - nothing - like you Carolyn1 - must be in the wrong area!!!!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

where r these places and how much monthly rent. regards Julia
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

ninakula is just really niceninakula is just really niceninakula is just really niceninakula is just really niceninakula is just really niceninakula is just really niceninakula is just really niceninakula is just really nice

Originally Posted by solardove
where r these places and how much monthly rent. regards Julia
Hi,
Mine is advertised on classifieds - click on "Ninakulas classifieds" under my name...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.