Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Reinvestment in PT after sale

Reinvestment in PT after sale

Old Apr 28th 2023, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reinvestment in PT after sale

As a Tax resident of PT, when you sell a PT property you can make a reinvestment anywhere in the EU, within 36 months of the sale.
As I understand it at the time of the deed of sale, you inform the notary of your intentions, reinvest or no reinvestment..
Having made the calculations regarding tax, you inform the Notary of your intention to reinvest a sum, but end up reinvesting more than is stated, wold there be anyway to get a refund
on any capital gain tax that would have been paid, or is that written off. I guess if you reinvest less than you say at the outset, the Revenue would want extra Capital Gain tax.