Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

registering fiscal rep on portaldasfinancas

registering fiscal rep on portaldasfinancas

Old Mar 21st 2021, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

fergus is on a distinguished road
Default registering fiscal rep on portaldasfinancas

This, I suspect, is one for Tonyj. I have tried, on my wife's behalf, to register a fiscal rep for her using the portal. When I get to the page (screenshot below) the top section (representado) is already completed with her information, except for the email do representado. Then below I enter the fiscal numero of the representative and this all looks okay. But when I submit, the system will not update because it wants an email of the representado (which I believe is my wife) and she already has an email in her dados da portal das financas. And that email address is fiabilizado. So the email address is okay and trusted.
But, on the page shown below you cannot enter the email address, it is pulled from the dados da portal das financas. Bit of a catch 22.
Now, I have done this for myself and all was okay and it went through as expected. The only difference is that I am Irish and on the portal I have a residency address in Ireland. So I do not need to have a fiscal rep.
My wife is British and has a UK residence address. It seems ironic that as an Irish citizen with an Irish address I do not need to have a fiscal representative, but I can easily set one up on the portal. But using the same representatives NIF, I am unable to do the same for my wife but she is the one that needs the fiscal rep.
Can anyone help?
BTW, I did try and send an email to the support service for portal das financas. The direct email using their email address responded with an automated reply advising that I need to use the e-Balcao via the portal. But when I try and use that, posing the same question as above, I persistently get the message Por motivos de ordem técnica não nos é possivel responder ao seu pedido. Por favor tente mais tarde. No matter what question heading option I select.
So as you can imagine I am a bit frustrated but with this lock down, something that uses time isn't always a bad thing! As long as, in the end, you achieve what you want.
Thanks to anyone that can help.

Old Mar 22nd 2021, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: registering fiscal rep on portaldasfinancas

When I look at that page for my own account, the email field is prefilled. When I look at my wife's, it isn't. Both of our emails are fiabilizado and as far as I am aware both accounts are signed up for the same notification and communication preferences.

Have you tried entering the missing email address in the Informações adicionais field?
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried that and the result is the same, which is that the information is rejected as there is no email in the email field. Just like you, when I look at the same page with my details, the email address is populated from the dados das financas page however, even though my wife has an email in her dados das financas page, her email is not pulled through. So it is a mystery to me. As I mentioned before the only difference is that my details have me resident in Ireland and a EU citizen. She is resident in England and a UK citizen and therefore, now, a non EU citizen. Are you and your wife EU, UK or like us one of each?
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

We're both UK passport holders, registered at the same UK address, so that's not the (only) explanation.

Aside from male chauvinism by AT, the only difference I can think of between my wife's and my status with AT is that I have previously submitted a Portuguese tax return (as a non-resident) with her as the associated other half.
Old Mar 24th 2021, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

TonyJ1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I suspect that only a residents may become representatives of taxpayers with a non EU address. I will have to reread the statute carefully
Old Mar 24th 2021, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi, I had a response to my email to AT support. I have pasted it below. I think that it says that you can register representative via portal das financas but first the representative needs to confirm they will be representative. I now think that this can be initiated in the portal, but what happens is that the person you are stating will be your representative will be sent a letter asking them to confirm the appointment. I am waiting for the person to confirm they have received the letters. I expect they will need to sign the declarations and then I will need to go back to the portal and attach the declaration as an annex.

However, the problem with doing the same for my wife still applies, Which is that without the email address being pulled through from the dado da financas - the submission (for my wife) will be rejected by the computer.
A nomeação de representante é efetuada no Serviço de Finanças através do e-balcão, pode ser o seu representante a fazer o pedido da nomeação de representante mediante uma procuração autenticada.

Com os melhores cumprimentos
Arlindo Rodrigues
Chefe de Divisão
Old Mar 25th 2021, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

TonyJ1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fergus
Hi, I had a response to my email to AT support. I have pasted it below. I think that it says that you can register representative via portal das financas but first the representative needs to confirm they will be representative. I now think that this can be initiated in the portal, but what happens is that the person you are stating will be your representative will be sent a letter asking them to confirm the appointment. I am waiting for the person to confirm they have received the letters. I expect they will need to sign the declarations and then I will need to go back to the portal and attach the declaration as an annex.

However, the problem with doing the same for my wife still applies, Which is that without the email address being pulled through from the dado da financas - the submission (for my wife) will be rejected by the computer.
A nomeação de representante é efetuada no Serviço de Finanças através do e-balcão, pode ser o seu representante a fazer o pedido da nomeação de representante mediante uma procuração autenticada.

Com os melhores cumprimentos
Arlindo Rodrigues
Chefe de Divisão
No response posted
Old Mar 30th 2021, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

appman999 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure if my experience is relevant but when I appointed my Fiscal Rep recently I used this AT link and just had to put in their NIF number.

My Fiscal Rep didn't have to agree first as they got notification that I wished to appoint them which they could accept or reject (online I believe although mine chose to go to tax office)

When I had some queries I used this link and got a reply.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Appman. I was about to post an update to my original post. You are right. If you use representante>Entrager Nomeacao, all you need to do is enter the NIF of the person that has agreed to be your representative, ticking the only option box which is for IRS. What then happens is that the person you have nominated will receive a letter with a code on it. They then use the portaldasfinancas to confirmar the Nomeacao. They have the option to accept or reject. Once they have accepted you can use the option Representante>Consultar>nomeacao to see the name and NIF of your representative.
It is actually very simple so long as they are registered with the portaldasfinancas.