Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Recognising a UK degree in Portugal

Wikiposts

Recognising a UK degree in Portugal

Old Jun 30th 2020, 7:30 pm
cfs
Forum Regular

cfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond reputecfs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recognising a UK degree in Portugal

Hi does anybody have any experience with getting a UK degree recognised in Portugal?

I see there are 3 different options: equivalency; recognition; and registration. I am a little confused. The reason I want to do this is so that my degrees are recognised officially for professional reasons and I am also considering doing a Masters at a Portuguese university. I have a BA (HONS) and an MSc, both are from Scottish universities.

I believe that what I am looking for is automatic registration and I need to apply through the Directorate-General for Higher Education portal. However, there is also a page for "Conversion of the final grade to the Portuguese scale" which appears to be another stage to be completed after the degree has been recognised. I don't want to select the wrong option and then end up having to do it all again and paying again for a different option. Has anyone gone through this process? I used the search function on the forum but I couldn't find anything.

On another note, should I also get my Secondary School qualifications recognised, or would that be a waste of time seeing as I am looking to recognise my university degrees? I only have Hague apostilles for my degree cetificates and transcripts, so if I had to get my secondary school certs recognised I would need to send the certs to the UK to be apostilled first.

If anyone has any experience of this that they would like to share I would be grateful for any advice.