Recent events

Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:29 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recent events

I thought I'd open this for any more posts regarding the preceived fall-outs that regular posters on the Portuguese pages will be aware of. That way, the threads currently being used to discuss such things can remain fit for their original purpose.

I must say that I'm suprised that a regular contributor to the pages of 'Take It Outside' (TIO) should take such offence at what was perceived to have been an un-welcome reception from the PT 'regulars'. Personally, I was aware of him from TIO and The Lounge and therefore didn't feel the need make such a big deal of the fact he'd started posting here. No more than he obviously thought it was necessasry to welcome me to either The Lounge or TIO when I first started posting there. His remarks about fellow regulars here who I consider to be my friends were unnecessary and cheap. I didn't see an posts telling him to leave the PT pages or ask him what he thought he was doing here. If I didn't have a problem with him before, I do now. When he first started posting here it appeared that his only objective was to 'hit-on' one of my friends (whom I know to be married, as is he I believe). Now, I must stress that this is myperception of his intentions. I even dropped subtle hints about his behaviour to him and yet he persisted regardless. In the end, I merely formed my opinion of him which has only been re-affirmed by his recent rant. I'll leave that to your imagination.

So Mr Dakota, I couldn't really give a rat's arse what you think about the regulars here anymore. Look at initial posts by members of BE on the Portuguese pages. EVERYONE of them has been made welcome. Consider firing off your paranoia elsewhere, like TIO and see what reception you get there.

Lippie, I'm sorry FWIW!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:54 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice
Default Re: Recent events

In Afrikaans we have a word that describes it, and you being a military man will probably recognize it.

A 'laager'. Nomad will know what it means.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:43 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
In Afrikaans we have a word that describes it, and you being a military man will probably recognize it.

A 'laager'. Nomad will know what it means.
Yes, it's what we'd call a protective perimeter or a 'cordon'. When we cordon off something in order to protect it and/or protect others from it. Usually done in the event of finding a suspect IED etc.

So your suggestion is that some of us may have been overprotective at your friend's expense? Re-read his comments to her. See if you can gauge her reaction to what he was saying. Did he ever make her uncomfortable? I sensed that he did. And furthermore,...I'd be pretty pissed off if someone had said those things to my wife. Maybe it's his sense of humour? Maybe it was his over-familiarity? Eitherway, to my knowledge no one was outwardly rude to him. At least no ruder than he's experienced in The Lounge or TIO. He had no need to then throw his toys out of the crib, have a hissy fit and be disrespectful to my friends.

I still think you're great though. And No....I'm not hitting on you
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:47 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

You're not her father. You're not her husband. It is her place to complain, not yours. In fact, if I had been cleri, I would have been heavily pissed off with all of you lot.

It was nothing more than the kind of flirting that goes on, on this board every single day, and is meaningless, just light banter.

IMO, you were all way over the top in your attitudes toward a really nice man, and someone whom is respected and whose humor and intelligence is very much appreciated all over BE.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derbyflan
I thought I'd open this for any more posts regarding the preceived fall-outs that regular posters on the Portuguese pages will be aware of. That way, the threads currently being used to discuss such things can remain fit for their original purpose.

I must say that I'm suprised that a regular contributor to the pages of 'Take It Outside' (TIO) should take such offence at what was perceived to have been an un-welcome reception from the PT 'regulars'. Personally, I was aware of him from TIO and The Lounge and therefore didn't feel the need make such a big deal of the fact he'd started posting here. No more than he obviously thought it was necessasry to welcome me to either The Lounge or TIO when I first started posting there. His remarks about fellow regulars here who I consider to be my friends were unnecessary and cheap. I didn't see an posts telling him to leave the PT pages or ask him what he thought he was doing here. If I didn't have a problem with him before, I do now. When he first started posting here it appeared that his only objective was to 'hit-on' one of my friends (whom I know to be married, as is he I believe). Now, I must stress that this is myperception of his intentions. I even dropped subtle hints about his behaviour to him and yet he persisted regardless. In the end, I merely formed my opinion of him which has only been re-affirmed by his recent rant. I'll leave that to your imagination.

So Mr Dakota, I couldn't really give a rat's arse what you think about the regulars here anymore. Look at initial posts by members of BE on the Portuguese pages. EVERYONE of them has been made welcome. Consider firing off your paranoia elsewhere, like TIO and see what reception you get there.

Lippie, I'm sorry FWIW!

Most of this is tripe..but I will answer some. Yes, I perhaps went over the top a tad in my open post..as I am capable of doing. But my greatest beef was with Prodigal who made a comment to me by pm that was not received well, and then when I answered by pm intended for only his ears, he chose to post it and then forward it to all possible. A huge no no in this world. Now if you support that kind of action then you are as bad as he is.

And since you feel the need to defend Cleri and make assumptions you are not entitled to make, I can tell you that from other contacts with her she did not seem in the least bothered and, in fact, she was more than capable of joining in the fun on the thread in question. She also is likely well aware of me via redlippie and would know that joking is joking. Something you seem to not understand. And just for the hell of it..I have no doubt that Cleri would have been more than willing to put me in my place had she considered me out of line.

I could provide you with a long list of the women in the Lounge who enjoy and participate freely and in good humor with me in exactly that kind of banter. Totally harmless and often karma filled. We all know the rules and the limits and keep it jovial. Or perhaps you are just upset because they don't do it with you. Such is life.

Now...that said...it doesn't saymuch about you to drag up something that was appropriately buried yesterday. Or are you just wanting to stir the pot some?

And just for the record...there were definitely some backhanded insults posted in my direction that made it clear I was pretty much unwelcome. And I am not the only one who saw it that way.

Last edited by dakota44; Sep 7th 2007 at 6:34 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:47 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's what we'd call a protective perimeter or a 'cordon'. When we cordon off something in order to protect it and/or protect others from it. Usually done in the event of finding a suspect IED etc.

So your suggestion is that some of us may have been overprotective at your friend's expense? Re-read his comments to her. See if you can gauge her reaction to what he was saying. Did he ever make her uncomfortable? I sensed that he did. And furthermore,...I'd be pretty pissed off if someone had said those things to my wife. Maybe it's his sense of humour? Maybe it was his over-familiarity? Eitherway, to my knowledge no one was outwardly rude to him. At least no ruder than he's experienced in The Lounge or TIO. He had no need to then throw his toys out of the crib, have a hissy fit and be disrespectful to my friends.

I still think you're great though. And No....I'm not hitting on you
made me think with this one flanny, i know with my sense of humour , i can get close to the knuckle, but certainly done in jest only and no disrespect meant to any member but maybe this can be misconstrude, so maybe if the reigns are pulled in a bit , then these events won,t happen again
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:50 pm
ex-squaddie

Y'know we could argue all day over this. I wasn't around much yesterday so didn't really pick up on the gist of what you meant when you wrote your open post until I read it today. Rest assured, I'm secure enough in myself and my life to get by without constant flirting - but hey, if it works for you then fine. You insulted my friends in your post and as I know them and don't know you - then I'll defend them to the hilt. I can't speak for Cleri anymore than you can - so I won't be so arrogant as to be so sure how your remarks were really received. Suffice to say that some people will just hope perpetrators will get bored, eventually take the hint and move on (ring any bells?).

I suggest we terminate this issue now. That way, I can go about my European way of getting slaughtered on wine - then recount the experiences when sober - and you can return to your harem of ladies who by your own admission, take pleasure in being on the receiving end of your boundless sexual innuendo.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Y'know we could argue all day over this. I wasn't around much yesterday so didn't really pick up on the gist of what you meant when you wrote your open post until I read it today. Rest assured, I'm secure enough in myself and my life to get by without constant flirting - but hey, if it works for you then fine. You insulted my friends in your post and as I know them and don't know you - then I'll defend them to the hilt. I can't speak for Cleri anymore than you can - so I won't be so arrogant as to be so sure how your remarks were really received. Suffice to say that some people will just hope perpetrators will get bored, eventually take the hint and move on (ring any bells?).

I suggest we terminate this issue now. That way, I can go about my European way of getting slaughtered on wine - then recount the experiences when sober - and you can return to your harem of ladies who by your own admission, take pleasure in being on the receiving end of your boundless sexual innuendo.

It certainly isn't worth wasting any more of my valuable lifetime on.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by gazz
made me think with this one flanny, i know with my sense of humour , i can get close to the knuckle, but certainly done in jest only and no disrespect meant to any member but maybe this can be misconstrude, so maybe if the reigns are pulled in a bit , then these events won,t happen again
You're right mate, we're all adults here, not 12 year old teenagers. If a few members want to enjoy the to and fro banter, then go for it. The ones who don't like it - well, tough tittie.

Last edited by Redlippie; Sep 7th 2007 at 6:58 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well, tough tittie.
Potty mouth.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by dakota44
Potty mouth.
Trust you to find this post
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Trust you to find this post
It's like radar...what can I do.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:07 pm
ex-squaddie

It's like radar...what can I do.

OMG Is that Dakota I see posting here??

WELCOME TO THE PORTUGAL PAGES OF THE FORUM MAN!!!

Kick back and relax. We're all friends here..
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OMG Is that Dakota I see posting here??

WELCOME TO THE PORTUGAL PAGES OF THE FORUM MAN!!!

Kick back and relax. We're all friends here..
awww you are so funny dude. What can I say.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:14 pm
ex-squaddie

awww you are so funny dude. What can I say.

You could say: "Thank you Flan. You're so funny".

or..

"You've ruined my chances with the PT Moderator you bastard!"

Either will suffice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.