Quick trip to UK

Old Jan 29th 2022, 9:42 am
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quick trip to UK

I've booked to fly to the UK on Tuesday to deal with a timely matter that needs to be done in person. I will be in the UK for less than 24 hours before I fly back to Faro. I'm unsure of what to declare on my passenger locator or what to do about day 2 testing. On day 2 I won't be in the UK anymore. I realise I will need a covid test to reenter Portugal but given the short length of stay I can get that done here before I fly out, but then that leaves me without a reference number to enter into the box on the UK PLF. Or do I put that I am transiting?

I've read everything I can find online and nothing seems to cover it. I suspect if I ask Ryanair they will just send me the gov.uk url that I've already read, not wanting to take on liability for giving out duff advice.

Anyone any recent relevant experience they can share?
Old Jan 29th 2022, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick trip to UK

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-t...virus-covid-19 seems clear to me (assuming you're fully vaccinated and it's England you're travelling to).

If you’re in England for less than 2 days, you still need to book and pay for a COVID-19 test to take after you arrive.
Why not book a day 2 rapid antigen test which you take in the English airport on arrival? That gives you the PLF booking reference. However at the airport you might be able to convert that booking into a fit-to-fly test which would then provide a (hopefully negative) test result in time for your return (instead of testing before departure from Portugal). Since you'll have left before you were obliged to actually take the day 2 test you will not have done wrong.

Of course, the consequences of testing positive on arrival in England are probably worse than testing positive before departure from Portugal.
Old Jan 29th 2022, 10:51 am
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick trip to UK

That's great advice Richard thank you. I had been to that page but I guess in my eagerness to skip through pages of irrelevant information missed that one paragraph.