British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   Property management companies (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/property-management-companies-874417/)

mugsy777 Mar 16th 2016 11:23 pm

Property management companies

Hi
Can anyone recommend a PMC in Tavira who can arrange gas / elec. safety certificates for a proposed rental property? Cannot spare the time to go out to Portugal to arrange myself. I assume these are needed even for long term lets?

ant68 Mar 17th 2016 10:21 am

Re: Property management companies

Hi, I would highly recommend Julie & Mike, they also run the crazy golf course that opened in Tavira last year. They are very reliable and honest; [email protected]

mugsy777 Mar 17th 2016 7:31 pm

Thanks ant68
Will contact them via their website. Do they have offices in Tavira?

ant68 Mar 21st 2016 8:51 am

Hi, just saw this post mugsy, they are based about 5 minutes outside Tavira but look after a number of properties around Fuseta to Tavira area. Hope they can help.

mugsy777 Mar 21st 2016 7:16 pm

Thanks ant
Will call in on them when I'm next out in April

MrBife Mar 21st 2016 8:46 pm

Recommending a property management company without a company, without an office and without a fixed line phone ? They advertise as being a real estate agency but appear to have no AMI licence which means they have no liability insurance. They use a web development company that doesn't exist, haven't ever updated their Facebook page and also seem to rent bicycles. Are you sure ?

mugsy777 Mar 21st 2016 8:55 pm

Will leave ant68 to comment on that one. Thanks for the heads-up anyway. Appreciated.

ant68 Mar 22nd 2016 9:31 am

MrBife, all I can say is that I purchased my property through them, they put me in touch with a solicitor, purchase went through without any issues, they put me in touch with a bank, accounts set up no issues, they registered me with no issues, they set up gas/elec/water direct debits, insurance, they check my apartment once a week, sorted my internet, telephone, all no issues, and I look on these forums and all I see are issues!! And best of all, whenever I go out they meet me for a drink, we catch up and everyone who knows them and uses them have no issues.
Oh and you forgot to mention their new crazy golf... Mugsy asked for someone to arrange certificates - they are the perfect "arrangers" but hey, feel free to recommend someone yourself.....
My recommendation stands, going on my experience.

EMR Mar 22nd 2016 10:27 am

Originally Posted by ant68 (Post 11902365)
MrBife, all I can say is that I purchased my property through them, they put me in touch with a solicitor, purchase went through without any issues, they put me in touch with a bank, accounts set up no issues, they registered me with no issues, they set up gas/elec/water direct debits, insurance, they check my apartment once a week, sorted my internet, telephone, all no issues, and I look on these forums and all I see are issues!! And best of all, whenever I go out they meet me for a drink, we catch up and everyone who knows them and uses them have no issues.
Oh and you forgot to mention their new crazy golf... Mugsy asked for someone to arrange certificates - they are the perfect "arrangers" but hey, feel free to recommend someone yourself.....
My recommendation stands, going on my experience.

All very well but if they do not have all their ducks in a row what us to stop the authorities shutting them down leaving you and all their clients to pick up the pieces.
It has happened before and will happen again.