Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

The Portugal Saloon

The Portugal Saloon

Old Apr 28th 2017, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Portugal Saloon

did someone mention brexit

'People truely are sheep. They do what everyone else does as it's safer in numbers'

prazer - just to link into the thread

Last edited by carvoeiro; Apr 28th 2017 at 9:11 am.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

NO!
No one mentioned.... that subject you referred to.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

sorry - must be hard wired - Sheep - Bre@it
Bre@it - Sheep
But there is hope - the local farmer move his sheep into the field across the lane from my house - complete with their cacophony of bells and my first thought was bloo@y sheep - not bloo@y bre@it

Last edited by carvoeiro; Apr 28th 2017 at 10:05 am.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 11:05 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

You are a grump, the sound and sight of local shepherds and farmers moving their animals is one of the attractions of living in rural Portugal.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

i agree - reminds me of the lovely sounds of boats in an harbour
i love it really - the 4 dogs - tractor - and Antonio shouting at all of them - not so much
Old Apr 28th 2017, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: The Portugal Saloon

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
did someone mention brexit

'People truely are sheep. They do what everyone else does as it's safer in numbers'

prazer - just to link into the thread

Good to see you managed to get your Brexit moan ticked off for the day. It's like talking to a person with Tourette's.

There's always hope of a cure, maybe tomorrow will be a good day.

Please, please, please be more than the man that keeps moaning about Brexit. You're full of useful stuff that's so much more valued by this forum. I.e. Your blurb on Carnation day was brilliant info, So was your blurb on how sad you are that GB is what it is today... etc etc.

I'm not saying you can't keep mentioning, just hoping that other things will flow via your 25 remaining keys.... that makes me think of an analogy, but I'm not going to draw attention to it.

Last edited by Knoxy_UK; Apr 28th 2017 at 12:02 pm. Reason: quoted EMR in error
Old Apr 28th 2017, 11:57 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knoxy_UK
Good to see you managed to get your Brexit moan ticked off for the day. It's like talking to a person with Tourette's.

There's always hope of a cure, maybe tomorrow will be a good day.

Please, please, please be more than the man that keeps moaning about Brexit. You're full of useful stuff that's so much more valued by this forum. I.e. Your blurb on Carnation day was brilliant info, So was your blurb on how sad you are that GB is what it is today... etc etc.

I'm not saying you can't keep mentioning, just hoping that other things will flow via your 25 remaining keys.... that makes me think of an analogy, but I'm not going to draw attention to it.

????????????????????????????????????
Old Apr 28th 2017, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

how about this for a pro-Bre@it to balance out the fact that i detest it

One of the most significant problems in the Eu is the imbalance of young to old people
not enough youngsters being born to support the old people pensions healthcare etc

Bre@it helps the UK to solve this problem
all of the brat breeding benefits thiefs who support Bre@it have now been self- justified into believing they are always right - we won etc- so will continue producing the 'brats' the UK and the rest of the EU desperately needs - sadly will remain otherwise totally useless
By banning EU people - who generally follow the UK birthrate of less than 2 children per family - its a total myth that they produce more children - Portugal for instance has one of the lowest birth rates in the EU
They can then encourage even more immigrants from countries that have high birthrates - Nigerians - Somalians- Afghans- Syrians - as in fact they do at present
The last census shows most of the African and Asian races produce large amounts of kids - Afghans for eg over 5 kids per female in the UK - a giant hit for the UK supporting largely unemployed and non English speaking parents - and before you hit me with racist - these are also official government census statistics - but great for the post Brexit future - to the total angst of almost everyone who voted for it
Old Apr 28th 2017, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Bre@it helps the UK to solve this problem
all of the brat breeding benefits thiefs who support Bre@it have now been self- justified into believing they are always right - we won etc- so will continue producing the 'brats' the UK and the rest of the EU desperately needs - sadly will remain otherwise totally useless

- and before you hit me with racist - these are also official government census statistics - but great for the post Brexit future - to the total angst of almost everyone who voted for it
After a well thought out, constructed arguement, I'm sure no one would ever think of you as racist. It's also such a good job that
all of the brat breeding benefits thiefs who support Bre@it
can't read or write.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond repute

A few years ago we had a thread much the same as this in the forum. I think it was called The Adega. A more appropriate Portuguese title??
Old Apr 28th 2017, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: The Name

Originally Posted by Hettyb
A few years ago we had a thread much the same as this in the forum. I think it was called The Adega. A more appropriate Portuguese title??
What happened to that thread? I liked "Sunset Boulevard" mentioned earlier, or the "the last cigar".... the main point of the thread is to natter with out spoiling threads about specific things.

Hopefully some of those threads can then be sign posted for other peeps in the newly created READ ME at the top of the forum. Which will help newbies, and hopefully grow the forum.... as well as helping forgetful peeps find info they prev read.

I'm gonna go look up what Adega means....
Old Apr 28th 2017, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to that thread? I liked "Sunset Boulevard" mentioned earlier, or the "the last cigar".... the main point of the thread is to natter with out spoiling threads about specific things.

Hopefully some of those threads can then be sign posted for other peeps in the newly created READ ME at the top of the forum. Which will help newbies, and hopefully grow the forum.... as well as helping forgetful peeps find info they prev read.

I don't know what happened to it. I dipped out for a while and when I came back it had disappeared.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Wine Cellar
Old Apr 28th 2017, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ingles
Wine Cellar
its literally - building wine is produced in
Today they only really talk about Adega as the front of house
ie a tasting room or shop

So mostly today places where they only grow grapes and or make their own wine - but don't have official tasting or sales will be
quinta - small farm- de whatever
monte - medium farm - de whatever
Herdade - big farm - de whatever

Normally if you see Adega on a sign there is place you can go and taste and buy - But not always - it is Portugal - and on that note some of the above also offer tastings without saying Adega and some quintas are very big and some Herdade very small
I've also in the Alentejo and Douro found places signed Adega that sell other local products hams -cheese - spirits - fruit with or without offering wine

Not a bad name - Adega
how about - Praça- the square almost every portuguese place no matter how small has

Last edited by carvoeiro; Apr 28th 2017 at 3:04 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: The Name

Originally Posted by Hettyb
I don't know what happened to it. I dipped out for a while and when I came back it had disappeared.

Well welcome back HettyB,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.