Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Portable Internet

Portable Internet

Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

palmeiro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Portable Internet

Hi, I'm going to Portugal next week and am bringing my laptop. Just wondering if anyone knows if the mobile companies sell portable internet devices to attach to a laptop? Or would I have to go to WiFi cafe?

Thanks, Luis.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Portable Internet

They do. There are about three or four different networks. I went to the Phonehouse store in Tavira's new shopping centre and bought one for E49 that the assistant said was the best value and the best network for that area.

It comes with a smallish data allowance but you can top up with a 10 day allowance for another E25. For that you get about 1gb so ok for simple browsing but not if you want to download much.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:53 am
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Portable Internet

Originally Posted by Tonyj
They do. There are about three or four different networks. I went to the Phonehouse store in Tavira's new shopping centre and bought one for E49 that the assistant said was the best value and the best network for that area.

It comes with a smallish data allowance but you can top up with a 10 day allowance for another E25. For that you get about 1gb so ok for simple browsing but not if you want to download much.
There is also a phonehouse store in The Forum, Faro.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Portable Internet

Originally Posted by palmeiro
Hi, I'm going to Portugal next week and am bringing my laptop. Just wondering if anyone knows if the mobile companies sell portable internet devices to attach to a laptop? Or would I have to go to WiFi cafe?

Thanks, Luis.
Read he Vita net Lite thread about 6 down from your question got all the answers.