Plants

Old Feb 13th 2009, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Lrose is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Plants

Hi all
I am coming out in March for a few days and want to buy a few plants to put in largish pots on my very bare terrace. Can anyone recommend plants that I can leave for a couple of months at a time on an uncovered sunny terrace. Would it be restricted to cactus type plants that don't need a lot of water?

My apartment is near Tavira. Can anyone recommend a reasonable well stocked garden centre nearby.

Any assistance would be much appreciated
Old Feb 13th 2009, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Plants

Sorry I cannot help but I do find that if you go to a garden centre and let them know what you want they are often very helpful.

Regards
Old Feb 13th 2009, 2:50 pm
Keep smiling

Helpful-Bob will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lrose
Hi all
I am coming out in March for a few days and want to buy a few plants to put in largish pots on my very bare terrace. Can anyone recommend plants that I can leave for a couple of months at a time on an uncovered sunny terrace. Would it be restricted to cactus type plants that don't need a lot of water?

My apartment is near Tavira. Can anyone recommend a reasonable well stocked garden centre nearby.

We have a couple of Yuccas and small lemon and orange trees (max height 1500mm) and they seem to survive with limited watering on an automated system.
I think the watering system was about 50€ from Carrefour.
On the old main road passing by Tavira there are a couple of garden centres..I can't remember where we bought plants from. The trees were from outside the market at Vila Real on a saturday morning.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Lrose is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for the info. I will suss out the garden centres near Tavira and see what they recommend.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 7:52 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

If you go to the Waterwheel roundabout on the 125, take the exit to Fonte Salgada and follow the road up the hill, go over the first roundabout and on your left, just past a derelict chapel, you will find a very helpful garden centre and their prices are half to two thirds those of the fancy one on the 125.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lrose
Hi all

hi,

we bought some plants from the garden centre opposite the Algarve shopping centre in Guia. Spent a good time at garden centre choosing plants, then up to shopping centre for lunch and more shopping

Sue