Olive oil.

Old Aug 20th 2008, 11:31 am
Not So Senior Member!

max0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Olive oil.

Its seems olive oil in some parts is regarded the same way as wine, with different presses and good and bad years and good vintages, its all in the way its made with different classes i.e extra extra virgin, plain old virgin etc. I know all this 'cause I was being enlightened in the local boozer last night, by a local enthusiast and getting my ear bent as a non connoisseur.

Anyway armed with my new found knowledge I went to the supermarket and bought the most expensive bottle I could find, 10 euro's for 250ml, it had all sorts in it, chilli, leaves and round things (can't read port and cheese so it could've been anything) and bought it home in anticipation of pouring it on my salad.

And guess what? It tasted the same as any other olive oil i've tasted, not only that but when I was putting it into the cupboard it slipped and smashed all over the kitchen floor, it took ages for the wife to clear it all up! So I said to her I will have to go back to the boozer tonight purely to tell him he's wasted my time, and to keep his culinary expertise to himself! She was annoyed with him also 'cause she slammed the door and went off in a huff!

Women Eh??
Old Aug 20th 2008, 12:09 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Olive oil.

I think Mrs max should get herself on here,I need a word with the poor woman
Old Aug 20th 2008, 3:21 pm
Á Boa Vida

cavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond repute

Olive oil is all very similar as long as you stay within a country.

Portuguese olive oil is generally unknown in the world.

I was in NY City once and they had a tasting of so called famous olive oils from Italy..... As it happened I was on my way back home from New Jersey where I had gone to the Portuguese community and purchased some plain Saloio olive oil....

Just for fun I mentioned that my plain Portuguese olive oil tasted much better than all those fancy Italian ones.... So the guy took me up on it and we tasted it also...

Everyone there liked the Portuguese olive oil better..... Dumb guy should have kicked me out of there instead

Smash one Piri Piri and a clove of garlic into a little boal of olive oil.... Wait an hour.... Dip some great bread and eat it.

Last edited by cavalierhome; Aug 20th 2008 at 3:26 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 3:41 pm

I dont like Olive oil on bread,makes me boff

Last edited by Cleri; Aug 20th 2008 at 3:47 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 3:59 pm
Á Boa Vida

cavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond repute

The bread or the olive oil?
Old Aug 20th 2008, 4:01 pm

I find it quite nasty I thought only Spaniards ate it like that
Old Aug 20th 2008, 4:05 pm
Á Boa Vida

You will find that Portuguese "eat" everything....