Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Non EU wife residency woes.

Non EU wife residency woes.

Old Oct 8th 2014, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default Re: Non EU wife residency woes.

Sorry Steve. They are waiting for my wifes's residencia not mine.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

That won't be the end of it for you either because then the reserve bank have to do their bit and believe me........ they're helluva slow.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

If wasn't for my kids, I would be happily fishing in Knysa.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

And having some bugger ready to shoot you in the back as soon as you turned it.......

Trust me.... you're better off here!
Old Oct 8th 2014, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok. You got me there. My chances of getting shot or stabbed in SA is greater than here by a long shot.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Ja..... I've been here 3 years now and haven't felt threatened even once..... mind you, I do still sometimes feel uncomfortable when I go out without a sidearm on my hip. LOL

Old habits die hard huh?
Old Oct 9th 2014, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Afpop got back to me today. They contacted SEF in Portimao and were told this;
1. The form I filled in was not a "sponsorship" form but a request from me for them to allow my wife to live with me in Portugal.
2. They do need proof of funds and will not consider foreign bank/investments. My Portuguese bank needs to write a letter stating that I do receive adequate funds on a regular basis. (This is against the EU declaration but I will comply)
3. The South African marriage certificate must be accepted but must be translated and signed by the SA embassy in Lisbon.

Phew. That's a load off our shoulders.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Glad to hear your good news but it really illustrates how little the local civil servants actually know about their jobs!

If you hadn't involved Afpop, they'd have had you unnecessarily gallivanting off to RSA or Finland!
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

I agree. That is why I will not contact them now about this as they may just enquire from another superior that has different ideas. I will just rock up with the SA certificate.

I must add that this info from Afpop paid my membership fee as it may have cost more with all the different embassy translations.