NIF

Old Jun 21st 2022, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all
Default NIF

Hello All, i applied for my NIF number May 31/2022 on the site it says less than 10 days is this with/without a lawyer. I applied by myself and sent an email to find out the status .. I was told it takes 10-20 days ..was their response.. (without a lawyer) is this normal. all documents were sent via their website.so my feeling is waiting for the complete 20 days

Dear customer,

Our process has its deadlines to reassure its quality and efficiency, and the processes follow their chronological order from the moment we receive all the documents and accept them, as informed on our website. The standard process takes an average of 10 to a maximum of 20 business days, from the moment where all your documents and signature are certified by our legal team.

As soon as we receive your document you will be notified.
Old Jun 21st 2022, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NIF

Hard to say, it seems that you are using a private company to do the application for you, but you don't say which one. I'd guess that the delay is mostly due to their process, it's fast to get the NIF issued in person

You could always point out to them that their website says less than 10 days and ask about their complaints process, see if that speeds them up
Old Jun 21st 2022, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all

Sorry ...the company is NIFonline.pt Something i might add is its seems the system works and ..i do believe there was a long weekend of 4 days and another one coming this Friday so after counting the days from the May 31, its only 13 business days

I live in Toronto, and nearing the end of my retirement . so avoiding all travel right , Also will setup my bank form here as per Alan info ty Alan.

Last edited by goins; Jun 21st 2022 at 11:09 am.
Old Jun 21st 2022, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goins
Sorry ...the company is NIFonline.pt Something i might add is its seems the system works and ..i do believe there was a long weekend of 4 days and another one coming this Friday so after counting the days from the May 31, its only 13 business days

I live in Toronto, and nearing the end of my retirement . so avoiding all travel right , Also will setup my bank form here as per Alan info ty Alan.
There was a public holiday on Thursday and then a Lisbon holiday on the Monday, so a lot of people took a day of holiday and had a long weekend, likely that does slow things down. You'll get used to Portuguese timescales being a little flexible
Old Jun 25th 2022, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Well excited to find out I got my NIF number and to start getting my bank account set up Monday will apply to the bank account out of the way and start on my Visa and letter ..Also, have an appointment with Service Canada to apply for my new 10 yr passport mine runs out in 2023/November by then hope to have everything in place and forwarded to the consulate in Toronto ...Thanks all ..Alan TY

I want to leave around October...by then I should be retired

Last edited by goins; Jun 25th 2022 at 11:46 am.