Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

New Sky Viewing Card

New Sky Viewing Card

Old May 9th 2009, 9:13 am
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation New Sky Viewing Card

Hey!

I was a little bit worried this morning when i turned on my Sky box and was told that new Sky Viewing cards were going to be sent out and that eventually your old viewing card would stop working??? Does this mean the end for us abroad Sky viewers?

Scott
Old May 9th 2009, 10:08 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Sky Viewing Card

Originally Posted by scott909
Hey!

I was a little bit worried this morning when i turned on my Sky box and was told that new Sky Viewing cards were going to be sent out and that eventually your old viewing card would stop working??? Does this mean the end for us abroad Sky viewers?

Scott
There is a big thread on this in Spain if you look.
If your card is UK address they will simply send the replacement there.
If you got the card here,through an agent etc,things may be more complicated.
Go have a read
Old May 9th 2009, 10:25 am
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough
Wink Re: New Sky Viewing Card

Originally Posted by Cleri
Go have a read
Oh good, the card will be sent to my old address which is set up for automatic re-direction here!
Old May 9th 2009, 10:31 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh good, the card will be sent to my old address which is set up for automatic re-direction here!
Yeah
Old May 11th 2009, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cleri
Go have a read
Hi, has anyone received the new card yet?? And does it work or do you have to be connected to a phone line?
Thanks
Old May 11th 2009, 3:49 pm
I.T Expert - Algarve

Wink Re: New Sky Viewing Card

Originally Posted by The Pope
Hi, has anyone received the new card yet?? And does it work or do you have to be connected to a phone line?
Thanks
I haven't recieved the card or a warning saying i will be recieving a new card as of yet
Old May 11th 2009, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

I haven't recieved the card or a warning saying i will be recieving a new card as of yet
I haven't either, Im sure I've seen an advert on Sky about it, but i could also be dreaming.....
Old May 11th 2009, 3:59 pm
I.T Expert - Algarve

Post Re: New Sky Viewing Card

I haven't either, Im sure I've seen an advert on Sky about it, but i could also be dreaming.....
Yes, when you first turn your sky box on after a period of inactivity, it displays the Sky Customer Help Channel, on which it explains about the new viewing cards and what to do when you receive them.
Old May 11th 2009, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, when you first turn your sky box on after a period of inactivity, it displays the Sky Customer Help Channel, on which it explains about the new viewing cards and what to do when you receive them.
So i am assuming you don't have to be connected to the phone line or all the expats in Europe will be sending their boxes and cards back to the UK.
Old May 11th 2009, 4:11 pm
I.T Expert - Algarve

Smile Re: New Sky Viewing Card

So i am assuming you don't have to be connected to the phone line or all the expats in Europe will be sending their boxes and cards back to the UK.
No, i have been informed by a reliable source that no telephone connection is required when it comes to activating the new viewing cards in previously activated boxes. When you come to talking about new boxes, i don't know ,but i would presume that it is still the same, i believe the new viewing card is to go along with the new Sky TV Guide system .. coming soon!
Old May 11th 2009, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

No, i have been informed by a reliable source that no telephone connection is required when it comes to activating the new viewing cards in previously activated boxes. When you come to talking about new boxes, i don't know ,but i would presume that it is still the same, i believe the new viewing card is to go along with the new Sky TV Guide system .. coming soon!
I was glad you said that, my box has been activated..

Cheers
Old May 11th 2009, 4:14 pm
I.T Expert - Algarve

Smile Re: New Sky Viewing Card

I was glad you said that, my box has been activated..

Cheers
Excellent, you should have no problems then!
Old May 11th 2009, 5:32 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

You only need a tel connection if you are starting a new contract with SKY equipment, or if you are on something like multi room.

If you were, for instance, to buy a card only from SKY then you wouldnt need to be connected as you would be using your own equipment, or equipment originally bought from SKY that was now over 12 months old
Old May 11th 2009, 10:49 pm
Not So Senior Member!

max0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond reputemax0603 has a reputation beyond repute

Also its worth knowing that if you have a technical problem with Sky you can still phone them up from PT, just use an English mobile, a bit expensive, but still cheaper than 're-patriating' the box
Old May 13th 2009, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey!

Scott
Scott, just checked with my UK contact and the cards haven't arrived yet.

Did it say when we would be zapped?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.