Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

new or second hand cars

new or second hand cars

Old May 2nd 2007, 8:00 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new or second hand cars

Originally Posted by crispygirl
yeah, make them pay that what I say........
yeah, but wait till i,ve bought mine first though!
Old May 2nd 2007, 9:26 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gazz
yeah, but wait till i,ve bought mine first though!
CALM DOWN, dude calm down, we haven't bought yet, we have our eyes on an older empty house that needs quite a lot of work doing to it, we are not looking forward to finding a builder to work with us. Here in Spain it is so difficult to come by one that will not take you for every penny . Still by the time we sell here and get sorted in Portugal I'm sure there will be a few of you good peeps that will be able to advise us on a good builder. Maybe Cleri's friend would like to travel to Tornada Oh sorry off thread, this should be about cars so just pretend I was talking about our new car.
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:16 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clerigogirl
Quite right mitzy
Example.............
I just got a quote to treat and re varnish the outside woodwork under the terraces on my villa,and the gates.
Quote was 950 euros,I thought that was excessive,so asked one of my portuguese mates who is a builder,he came and looked,and quoted me 400
So just imagine what they put on a property price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:curse:
The reform on my underbuild was quoted as 19500 euros by two builders, yet when my Spanish neighbours got contractors in for me it actually cost just a tad over 10,000 euros
Old May 2nd 2007, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Not only for cars! As you know in Spain I'm convinced that if you are spending any serious amoutn of money and they know you are a Brit the price goes up.
My mother had a famiily home which she inherited, but she did not like the location and sold it a while back.

I thought I could 'retire' there and have never done anything about building my own, as I loved the area (I think she has bad memories of having to walk over the mountain to get to the village school in the late 40's! and that is why she sold it).

We're planning on going over later on in the year, or early next year, time allowing, to look for a property and start a build. I have informed husband that he is not to speak a word and that my brother will go with us and 'negotiate' as he lives there, for the reason that I just KNOW that they will try to rip me off even though I am Portuguese

It is the way of the world.
Old May 3rd 2007, 12:27 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well ..... at least its better than being ripped off in London by your own countrymen!
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well ..... at least its better than being ripped off in London by your own countrymen!
Or worse still being ripped off here in Spain by fellow Brits who you will most probably bumped into all in a bar or restaurant when you least expect it:curse:
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:36 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Port. people are a funny lot. They'll be extremely courteous to tourists, but horrid to their own.

My brother moved there right out of unie in S.A. and quickly learned to pretend he didns't speak Portuguese in some situations - saved his bacon many a time
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
My mother had a famiily home which she inherited, but she did not like the location and sold it a while back.

I thought I could 'retire' there and have never done anything about building my own, as I loved the area (I think she has bad memories of having to walk over the mountain to get to the village school in the late 40's! and that is why she sold it).

We're planning on going over later on in the year, or early next year, time allowing, to look for a property and start a build. I have informed husband that he is not to speak a word and that my brother will go with us and 'negotiate' as he lives there, for the reason that I just KNOW that they will try to rip me off even though I am Portuguese

It is the way of the world.
Were hoping our Portuguese friend (lives in UK) will get one his brothers or a cousin to come with us when we start looking, typical Portuguese family hundreds of them Thankfully....
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:39 am
Account Closed

Were hoping our Portuguese friend (lives in UK) will get one his brothers or a cousin to come with us when we start looking, typical Portuguese family hundreds of them Thankfully....
Gawd, I have about 100 of them, all told!! And no, not exaggerating here!
Old May 3rd 2007, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Gawd, I have about 100 of them, all told!! And no, not exaggerating here!
My friend bought an eight bedroom house in Portimoa, most of his family live in the Lisboa area, last summer he had cousins, nieces, nephews and brothers coming out of the woodwork not to mention his mum, wife and kids. He said they needed a holiday to recover from all the clearing up after they left.
Old May 3rd 2007, 4:13 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

My friend bought an eight bedroom house in Portimoa, most of his family live in the Lisboa area, last summer he had cousins, nieces, nephews and brothers coming out of the woodwork not to mention his mum, wife and kids. He said they needed a holiday to recover from all the clearing up after they left.
I have a portuguese firiend here who wont tell her extended family where she lives..Hilarious
Old May 3rd 2007, 5:37 am
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Or worse still being ripped off here in Spain by fellow Brits who you will most probably bumped into all in a bar or restaurant when you least expect it:curse:

Hey Lady!
Wanna buy a pair of red knickers???

I'll do a special drop-down price for you Crispy.
Old May 3rd 2007, 5:40 am
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clerigogirl
I have a portuguese firiend here who wont tell her extended family where she lives..Hilarious
firiend

I had a firiend once, but he could spell better than me!
Old May 3rd 2007, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
Hey Lady!

No good to me if the elastic has gone..........oh on second thoughts
Old May 3rd 2007, 6:38 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: new or second hand cars

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
Hey Lady!

i heard the bottoms fell out of the red knicker trade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.