New rules?

Old Dec 21st 2021, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New rules?

Just read this on the BBC website -Portugal has become the latest European country to reimpose restrictions on bars and restaurants.

On Tuesday Prime Minister Antonio Costa ordered nightclubs and bars to shut their doors and told people to work from home from 26 December until at least 9 January.

Costa also announced that a negative coronavirus test will be required to stay at hotels and said that outdoor gatherings will be limited to 10 people per group on New Year's Eve.
Old Dec 21st 2021, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New rules?

That's because by the 26th, the new strain will be so pervasive that anyone not sick will be needed to help those that are.

Actually, hospitalizations in Portugal are down for the last few days, but I don't think our good luck is likely to hold.
Old Dec 21st 2021, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute

Official summary is here (in Portuguese, but auto translate works fine): https://covid19estamoson.gov.pt/refo...demia-covid19/

BBC got a bit confused and wrapped in some previously announced measures, but amounts to much the same
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alan PT
Official summary is here (in Portuguese, but auto translate works fine): https://covid19estamoson.gov.pt/refo...demia-covid19/

BBC got a bit confused and wrapped in some previously announced measures, but amounts to much the same
I can't find auto translate. I knew there was to be a mini sort of lockdown from the 2nd of January for a week but brds and restaurants closing on the 26th is new.

Is it saying that you need a negative test to go to a restaurant on Christmas Day?

Last edited by bons; Dec 22nd 2021 at 8:25 am.
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
I can't find auto translate. I knew there was to be a mini sort of lockdown from the 2nd of January for a week but brds and restaurants closing on the 26th is new.
Sorry, I meant you can use an auto translator (like the Google one), not that there was a translate function on the page

If you use Google Chrome then you should have a little button on the right of the address bar (you can even tell it to always translate pages from a certain language). Some pages don't cooperate, but this one works fine

Or you can go here, enter the url and then hit the little arrow in a box that appears next to the url in the English window https://translate.google.com/?sl=pt&tl=en&op=translate - that's the "manual" way of using Google translate
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry, I meant you can use an auto translator (like the Google one), not that there was a translate function on the page

If you use Google Chrome then you should have a little button on the right of the address bar (you can even tell it to always translate pages from a certain language). Some pages don't cooperate, but this one works fine

Or you can go here, enter the url and then hit the little arrow in a box that appears next to the url in the English window https://translate.google.com/?sl=pt&tl=en&op=translate - that's the "manual" way of using Google translate
Right done that. I think it is saying negative test for eating out on Christmas Day, I am supposed to be going out for a birthday dinner on Saturday, that's probably out now.
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bons
Right done that. I think it is saying negative test for eating out on Christmas Day, I am supposed to be going out for a birthday dinner on Saturday, that's probably out now.
You can also double check here: https://www.safecommunitiesportugal....december-2021/

(their translations are good, but take a little while to appear, it wasn't there last night when I posted)
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

You can also double check here: https://www.safecommunitiesportugal....december-2021/

(their translations are good, but take a little while to appear, it wasn't there last night when I posted)
Thanks
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've asked a pharmacist and a restaurant what is exactly required to go and eat on Christmas Day, The best I got is you need the certificate to show double jab, but none are sure of the time scale of the test, 24, 48 or 72 hours before. Actually, the pharmacist had no idea of any of it except where to go and get a test as her place didn't do one, at least that's something.