Reload this Page >

New Pedestrian Crossing

New Pedestrian Crossing

Old Apr 21st 2016, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

debsi6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Pedestrian Crossing

hello,
Does anyone know which council/camra dept I would have to ask re the possibility of putting in a new pedestrian crossing , I am in Tavira.
Many Thanks
Old Apr 21st 2016, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Pedestrian Crossing

Tavira Camara!! at a wild guess
Old Apr 21st 2016, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: New Pedestrian Crossing

Thanks, I was hoping to narrow it down a bit! so I didn't spend my whole day wandering from office to office, counter to counter ,department to department only to find out it wasn't the camra anyway.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 11:08 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Just my opinion (which you may feel free to disregard entirely), while you're waiting for the definitive answer on which is the pedestrian crossings department at the Câmara.

I would think you wouldn't get a lot of joy going directly to the Câmara Municipal and that you'd be much better advised to approach your local Junta de Freguesia and talk to them about it.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

lagosliving is an unknown quantity at this point

Tavira's Camara is a miniature! It's more of a one man's office, don't make it sound like it's Ceauscescu's Palace.
I'd say to the Secretario do sr. Presidente upstairs, and he'll inform you all about it.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

opps; I'd say Go to the sr Presidente's office upstairs
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 7:26 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

It was more the protocol of who to approach in the first instance to which I was referring, rather than the size of the offices.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 7:40 am
Smokn Joy

Munsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond reputeMunsterfan has a reputation beyond repute

HEY we LOVE our wee but powerful Tavira Camara where all are treated with dignity and respect, even with a tiny bit English and mountains (AKA obstacles) are moved before our very eyes...GO TAVIRA CAMARA
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice

May I ask where is proposed pedestrian crossing and why.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Well the size of the Camara says everything about it. I agee that Tavira's Camara and president are great, quite accessible and very pleasant. Size also means less bureaucracy.

One would think you were looking for suggestions, not putting them down.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 7:24 am
Polished expat

Nobody was putting anything down - it was just an observation, based on my judgement after a good few years of living here. And I'm not the OP, so I was making a suggestion rather than looking for one.

However, I'm not in Tavira and if local knowledge says go and knock on the President of the Câmara Municipal's door, I guess that's how it works there.

Hope you're all enjoying living in Tavira - lovely city
Old Apr 24th 2016, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Hello,
Thanks to everyone for their replies I'll let you know how I get on!
Old Apr 24th 2016, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: New Pedestrian Crossing

Originally Posted by Campanula
May I ask where is proposed pedestrian crossing and why.
I would like one on the EN125 at Porta Nova station lots of people cross there,and think a crossing would be helpful it can be very busy.
Old Apr 24th 2016, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsi6
I would like one on the EN125 at Porta Nova station lots of people cross there,and think a crossing would be helpful it can be very busy.

Don't know the place .but sounds like a good idea. Good luck with it

They do put them in odd places.. like just as you enter a roundabout in traffic there will be one right on your exit. and I mean 'right on it' Other favourite is to put two or even three in a road with no obvious purpose. One will be opposite a hospital rear entrance.. Ok not too bad.. the other two will be leading to the first one and usually under thick overhanging trees with zero visibility and not have been painted in yrs..plus have no obvious purpose . Ah ha.. the locals know it's there though and will plunge onto it with no notice whatsoever
Old Apr 24th 2016, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Jet57 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could also do with putting one in near the Mini Preco on the N125 - you take your life in your hands at the moment!

J

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.