Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

New Life starts at 0915 tomorrow!

New Life starts at 0915 tomorrow!

Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Algarveaddick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Life starts at 0915 tomorrow!

Originally Posted by derbyflan
And well done to you for your first (almost positive) post!
If you want positive spin on everything, read the Portugal News...

Just call it like I see it old bean, sorry if that does not fit in with the dream...
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

brodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by omostra06
he might need a translaion brodev....
With a name like James Frazer
Ah dinnae think so.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Muranoqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope that everything is going as planned Fraser.

We also are fed up with GB Ltd and can't wait to move, but the UK housing market is the hiccup. The price has already been reduced by £25,000 and as yet no offers.
Fortunately the seller is not in a mad rush & is willing to wait a while. Just hope that by some miracle we sell soon as we feel like we are in limbo. Our new life has so much to offer so that's the one thing that's keeping our spirits up along with several large G & T's
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

Well done on making the move and living the dream.
I am sat here in sunny UK waiting to follow you.
I have just reduced my house again. £40.000 now since it first went on the market.
I am green with envy.
Anyhow, enough of my woes good luck and enjoy your new life.
titliest
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:10 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Algarveaddick
If you want positive spin on everything, read the Portugal News...

Just call it like I see it old bean, sorry if that does not fit in with the dream...
Don't worry about my dream old bean. I'm currently living it.....
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Just reduced mine by another £5k too!

Muranoqueen I'm not surprised the vendor isn't in a rush, the housing market in Portugal is at a stand still too so they are being wise by keeping hold of their buyer, if I were you though I'd try knocking them down even more ;-)

I had an offer within 12 hours of going on the market, how stupid we were to turn it down as we thought we might get more...

We could have nearly been on our way.

What will be will be!! Look at the positive side, at least we are not getting burnt in that hot sun
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

we did the same had an offer for £40.000 below asking price, thought it was an insault in april, wish we had taken it now,if we had we would be getting burnt now instead of soaking wet, and listening to doom and gloom everyday on the news.
As you say what will be will be, we live in hope, everyday I wake up and say"today I will sell the house" think positive.
titliest.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Ours was only £3k under!! :curse:
Old Jul 15th 2008, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Muranoqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

Wouldn't mind if someone made us an offer

The vendor has already reduced it hugely for us as it had been on the market for 9 months with nothing. She is in a rotten situation as she's a very young mother with a baby of 18 months and her husband was killed last year in a work related accident hence the sale of the house. We didn't know the background until after we had made an offer and she seems determined that we have it as we love it so much. But time will tell.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Don't worry about my dream old bean. I'm currently living it.....
Lucky man!

Point is, I don't make these things up, and I think it's only right to warn people that there are pitfalls and annoyances wherever you go. We were lucky enough to have honest friends out here that we consulted at length before we took the plunge. We were prepared for most things, but nothing can prepare you for the sheer volume of pointless paper work running a business in Pt brings... :curse:
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lucky man!

Point is, I don't make these things up, and I think it's only right to warn people that there are pitfalls and annoyances wherever you go. We were lucky enough to have honest friends out here that we consulted at length before we took the plunge. We were prepared for most things, but nothing can prepare you for the sheer volume of pointless paper work running a business in Pt brings... :curse:
Could you outline what is required on the self employed post as that is what we are looking for? Cheers
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:51 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky man!

Can I ask....Do you ever have a 'Happy Hour' in your bar?

You know... one when you're actually happy for a whole 60 minutes?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Didn't realise he had a bar - Algarveaddick why don't you employ an accountant? I don't know anyone that has a bar/restaurant that does the paperwork themselves, you just bung it all to the accountant and they sort it out? It's something like 150€ a month (I think, I may be wrong?) Surely worth the cost
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

I hope Fraser James manages to get online soon and update us on how he's settling in as this post is going all over the place!!

Hope you are having a nice time
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Supremegermalene
Didn't realise he had a bar - Algarveaddick why don't you employ an accountant? I don't know anyone that has a bar/restaurant that does the paperwork themselves, you just bung it all to the accountant and they sort it out? It's something like 150€ a month (I think, I may be wrong?) Surely worth the cost

Got an accountant, its the other stuff that's a pain - licences for everything and its dog, rules changing on a monthly basis. One rule for estrangieros another rule for the locals and so on...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.