British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   New invoicing rules (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/new-invoicing-rules-784045/)

Supremegermalene Feb 13th 2013 1:04 am

Re: New invoicing rules

It is ridiculous and yes I know someone that was fined 120 euros for having her food shopping in the car and no receipt.

As far as I'm aware this rule at present only applies to those businesses with an 'open door' that people can walk into off the street such as supermarkets, hairdressers, bars and restaurants etc.

They could get people off the black market simply by raising theVAT threshold, it's only 10,000e which is ridiculous. Most people are unable to do their own VAT returns as it is beyond them so it involves the employment of an accountant which costs around 140-200 euros a month which when added to the high social security payments you are down near on 400euros before you have earned anything. If they raised the VAT threshold people could submit their own tax returns and not worry about the cost of an accountant, they would be happy to give facturas as the reason people dont want to is they know by adding the VAT it makes the job too expensive so the customer will go elsewhere where they will take cash.

I really can't understand how PT can have such a low threshold when countries like the UK it's almost 8 times higher when taking into account the exchange rate!

G

tellyholic Feb 14th 2013 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Supremegermalene (Post 10542190)
It is ridiculous and yes I know someone that was fined 120 euros for having her food shopping in the car and no receipt.

As far as I'm aware this rule at present only applies to those businesses with an 'open door' that people can walk into off the street such as supermarkets, hairdressers, bars and restaurants etc.

They could get people off the black market simply by raising theVAT threshold, it's only 10,000e which is ridiculous. Most people are unable to do their own VAT returns as it is beyond them so it involves the employment of an accountant which costs around 140-200 euros a month which when added to the high social security payments you are down near on 400euros before you have earned anything. If they raised the VAT threshold people could submit their own tax returns and not worry about the cost of an accountant, they would be happy to give facturas as the reason people dont want to is they know by adding the VAT it makes the job too expensive so the customer will go elsewhere where they will take cash.

I really can't understand how PT can have such a low threshold when countries like the UK it's almost 8 times higher when taking into account the exchange rate!

G

It's all down to the greatest oxymoron on earth. "Portuguese Logic". :cry_smile:

sir recorder Feb 15th 2013 6:50 am

Originally Posted by tellyholic (Post 10544522)
It's all down to the greatest oxymoron on earth. "Portuguese Logic". :cry_smile:

If the story is true, it is NOT simply "Portuguese Logic", but rather symptomatic of the fascist reality that austerity brings. This practice has to be stamped out. Everyone must make it completely plain that this law is utterly unacceptable. The EU must step in and ban this.

Ingles Feb 22nd 2013 8:11 am

Power to the People
It has been reported that 1.000's of people when asked if they want a Fatura/Invoice reply
Sim
Sales Person :- Nome
Pedro Coelho (PM) or Vitor Gaspar (Min Finanças) or Miguel Relvas (PM's lap dog)
Some one on PT Facebook has posted all there Fiscal Numbers :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Police said this is ilegal ,but a person HIGH up in the Finanças said it was not & he had a smile on his face

The_Hog Feb 22nd 2013 8:45 am

If you are interested they are posted here too. :)

http://www.ionline.pt/dinheiro/factu...topem-financas

Definitely appeals to my sense of humour. :D