Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

National finance problems

National finance problems

Old Dec 27th 2009, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

Jon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really niceJon_D is just really nice
Default National finance problems

I noticed that an article in the Sunday Times (last weeks) stated that the PIIG countries will be next to announce an inability to repay national debts.
PIIG = Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece.
Greece is already in big problems and is to seek IMF assistance.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

APinto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: National finance problems

I also read the article and, although not being a religious person, it reminded me of Matthew 7:3-5. This passage of the Bible is, sadly, a very common characteristic of British media when dealing with foreign affairs. Cheers!

AP
Old Dec 27th 2009, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by APinto
I also read the article and, although not being a religious person, it reminded me of Matthew 7:3-5. This passage of the Bible is, sadly, a very common characteristic of British media when dealing with foreign affairs. Cheers!

AP
Exactly!!!!! )))
Old Dec 27th 2009, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

tombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nicetombo is just really nice

PIGS

Substitute Spain for Italy in the list of countries near to collapse.

regards
Old Dec 28th 2009, 1:09 am
Just Joined

APinto is an unknown quantity at this point

At the same time, the same periodical publishes this. What amazes me is that the last couple of years weren't enough to show these people that their financial tools and processes are a complete failure. They are worse predicting financial outcomes than the MetOffice is predicting the weather.

And the fact that they continue to use derogatory expressions like "PIGS" also means that they still think that are able to see the world from the top of their ivory towers...

AP