Reload this Page >

MOT for english reg. car in algarve

MOT for english reg. car in algarve

Old Jul 19th 2010, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Willco1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MOT for english reg. car in algarve

Originally Posted by MartynCymro
But do you know anyone who's successfully made a claim on their insurance through Stuart Collins & Co.?
I noticed in the testimonials that cover in a specific country is not mentioned while travel throughout the European Union gets a mention in everyone.
Once residency is taken up I have my doubts as to its validity.
If a person kept a UK address and in case of an accident pretended they were a tourist and not a resident, I guess they'd be ok.
Hi, no there seems to be no doubt in Portugal that once you are a resident you need a PT car to comply with the law of the land. Once again though, exactly what constitutes a resident is something of a grey area and I'll save that for a new thread.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 5:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOT for english reg. car in algarve

Originally Posted by Willco1980
Hi, no there seems to be no doubt in Portugal that once you are a resident you need a PT car to comply with the law of the land. Once again though, exactly what constitutes a resident is something of a grey area and I'll save that for a new thread.
There is no grey area on residencia, it`s a time on how long you have been in the country, every country has one, in Spain it is three months and you have to sign on at the Local police station and you are given a residence certificate.