Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Monthly money transfer to Portugal.

Monthly money transfer to Portugal.

Old Oct 4th 2012, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice
Default Re: Monthly money transfer to Portugal.

Originally Posted by Ukkram
Getting confused now. Perhaps it is better to transfer my money into my SA Credit Card monthly and then use it as I need. That way I will get good interest on my debit. Around 4.5% PA.

Only prob are these withdrawals and keeping up with PT tax. Gets complicated when one transfers on demand.
I'm still inclined to believe you should contact a well established global currency exchange company and seek their advice. You said your pension was transferred into a SA account, but didn't say where from and in what currency, but the least moves between currencies the better.

If the money is to be a monthly transaction, it should be feasible for a reliable company to set up a regular transfer between your SA account and one in PT which you can monitor online.