Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Mobile signal repeater booster vs dongle with external ariel

Wikiposts

Mobile signal repeater booster vs dongle with external ariel

Old Sep 13th 2012, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

masterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to all
Default Mobile signal repeater booster vs dongle with external ariel

Anyone use an external antenna on a dongle , or a booster for better net and phone reception rurally?

If so where did u get it , or in the case of a dongle what model is it if it takes an external antenna.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice
Default Re: Mobile signal repeater booster vs dongle with external ariel

Best source is Ebay. search for '3G Antenna' and you will find lots like this ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3G-Wireles...item35bf7cb399

Make sure you already have the right dongle. the one with the extension antenna socket built in
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile signal repeater booster vs dongle with external ariel

I bought an unlocked MiFi Hot Spot (mobile router) - plugged my standard USB TMN dongle into it and hey presto I have wifi connection for up to 5 devices.

You can get hot spot devices with additional aerial socket but I didn't need one, just slung the hot spot from a pole when I was using it.
ISTR that TMN is introducing 4G dongles - which can give 100Mb transfer rates so it's worth getting a hot spot that supports 4G.

You can then use Skype for free instead of your phone.