Meo!!

Old Jan 23rd 2024, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

morro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meo!!

Meo, I have never had a problem!
I returned from the UK just before Xmas, my landline would not charge!
Put in new batts, no success, bought new phone no success, went to shop!
We will call you today, no call! Waited a week no call, returned to shop and was told they had my wrong mobile number, it is on my contract!!!!
6 weeks! The Wi-Fi is perfect!
What should I do?
Old Jan 23rd 2024, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meo!!

Meo; the company everyone loves to hate.

The shops are only for sales; if you want tech support, you have to call on the phone.
So I hope you have another one you can use...

800 209 986.

You might need a PT number for calling the 800 line, I don't know.
Old Feb 4th 2024, 6:51 am
Just Joined

karolsf is an unknown quantity at this point

After reading many reviews, it appears that Meo and Nos provide terrible customer service. Vodaphone Spain has been very good. It even allowed a small amount of data to be used in the UK and the USA. Does anyone have any experience with Vodaphone Portugal?
Old Feb 4th 2024, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

flatlndr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by morro
my landline would not charge!
The Wi-Fi is perfect!
Can you define what you mean by your "landline would not charge"? Do you mean ...
  1. No dial tone on the landline?
  2. Ringer does not work for incoming calls?
  3. Other?

Is your phone connected directly into its own wall socket, or do you have VoIP, so your phone is connected into your modem?

I take it your broadband service is working since you say "the Wi-Fi is perfect".
Old Feb 4th 2024, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice

Originally Posted by karolsf
Does anyone have any experience with Vodaphone Portugal?
I signed up with Telecel a few decades ago and experienced the integration/merger of Racal and the start of Vodafone both in UK and in Portugal at much the same time. In my opinion it's a well run network and although not the lowest cost it is reliable and used widely by the business community as their preferred network. They rolled out 5G successfully and I see some significant ongoing investment in infrastructure (new masts and microwave backhaul links). Of all the options I would say it was least problematic in terms of service and support.

Old Feb 7th 2024, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly not like MEO.
I have had a 12 month MOBILE DATA only, contract with them for years now, my only way to get on the Net. So using phone as a Hotspot to laptop.
Connection speeds pretty bad at around 8/10mbps average.
But considering no other providers can even match those speeds I am stuck with MEO (no fibre)
This contract expires in March, so have been contacting MEO customer support to arrange for a new contract to take over. Current contract is 50GB/mth for €13.25mth
On Sunday they called me and a guy said, there is a promotion on now for existing customers and its unlimited data only at €16.00. He sent me to the online page where that was advertised, but only problem he could not transfer me as they only work during the week.
So I call the number he gave me on Monday, waste of time, could not help me.
So again I input my phone number for a call back, same thing again.
Today I get a call from MEO to offer me 70GB for €17.50/mth, but this time its a 24 month contract.
I ask what about the 16euros/mth for unlimited..ah that must have been a promotion for a couple of days !!! No longer available.
Erm....sounds fishy to me, but looks like I have no choice.
Any one else got a better deal with MEO for Mobile data only??
Old Feb 8th 2024, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

It depends if you really need your data mobile; there is also a fixed location service that uses the mobile network.
That's what I have, because they shut down the copper wire service (that worked very well).

Legally and contract wise, it's a fixed line; it will only work at (or near) the contract location. Because of that, they are allowed to offer true unlimited service.
Sometimes they say "unlimited" but it's not true, read the fine print.

I'm getting quite high speed, but that depends on how close you are to the mast.
I put the modem in a waterproof box on the outside wall of the house high up, so it has line of sight.

I pay a lot more, but I have TV and telephone included.

Old Feb 15th 2024, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Before MEO contract expires I have tried the other 2 main providers...Vodafone and NOS mobile sims.
I know a year ago that neither of those even registered a 4G signal where I am, but for a couple of euros you get a unlimited day pass SIM on both.
Results alarming !!!
NOS.....as before not registering on any mobile phone I have (4 in all)
Vodafone .....now here is the difference today...download speeds of 50mbps+ with uploading at 10/12mbps.
This comparing with my MEO sim that might give me 5 or even 10 in same place in same phones.
And the Vodafone results are consistent, so bought a 5 day unlimited pass im for 10 euros.......every day, all day same results.
I can only put this down to the stopping of 3G, resulting in bigger cover for 4G in my area.
So now gonna cancel MEO and move to Vodafone......good thing is that using that sim when I go back to UK in summer, it wil connect auto to the Vodafone network in the UK and where I am that signal is very very strong.....Gonna cost more but well worth it (at the moment).
Other benefit is that MEO now only give me a good deal if I sign up for 24 months !!! No Way Jose.
But Vodafone is a one month stop start contract.
Old Feb 15th 2024, 10:57 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
Before MEO contract expires I have tried the other 2 main providers...Vodafone and NOS mobile sims.
I know a year ago that neither of those even registered a 4G signal where I am, but for a couple of euros you get a unlimited day pass SIM on both.
Results alarming !!!
NOS.....as before not registering on any mobile phone I have (4 in all)
Vodafone .....now here is the difference today...download speeds of 50mbps+ with uploading at 10/12mbps.
This comparing with my MEO sim that might give me 5 or even 10 in same place in same phones.
And the Vodafone results are consistent, so bought a 5 day unlimited pass im for 10 euros.......every day, all day same results.
I can only put this down to the stopping of 3G, resulting in bigger cover for 4G in my area.
So now gonna cancel MEO and move to Vodafone......good thing is that using that sim when I go back to UK in summer, it wil connect auto to the Vodafone network in the UK and where I am that signal is very very strong.....Gonna cost more but well worth it (at the moment).
Other benefit is that MEO now only give me a good deal if I sign up for 24 months !!! No Way Jose.
But Vodafone is a one month stop start contract.
I ditched my useless MEO ADSL for unlimited NOS mobile PAYG a couple of years back..... then the NOS speed started to drop with no reason so I moved to Voda PAYG. As you say, slightly dearer, but better speed and consistent. The only downside with Voda is the need to replace the SIM each time, not just recharge.... otherwise the speed starts to drop. Fine if you live in the Algarve, but out in the stix it means always having a spare "fresh" sim to hand.

Mobile works for me as we regularly move between the Alentejo and Algarve - and having fixed internet in both would be megabux.
Old Feb 15th 2024, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by macliam
I ditched my useless MEO ADSL for unlimited NOS mobile PAYG a couple of years back..... then the NOS speed started to drop with no reason so I moved to Voda PAYG. As you say, slightly dearer, but better speed and consistent. The only downside with Voda is the need to replace the SIM each time, not just recharge.... otherwise the speed starts to drop. Fine if you live in the Algarve, but out in the stix it means always having a spare "fresh" sim to hand.

Mobile works for me as we regularly move between the Alentejo and Algarve - and having fixed internet in both would be megabux.
The one day sim I bought was simply recharged using my online bank....options are e10 for 5 days unlimited (that is concurrent) or up to e20 for 15 days then you can add e5 for an extra 5 days............not sure tho if you dont make a top up it would stop working and need replacing, will ask at the shop this afternoon.
But I m am now gonna take a `without contract` (little more expensive than with a contract) that will cost e20.91 for 30gb a month.
MEO offered me 70Gb/mth at e17.99, more GB but opeless speeds and for a 24 month contract.
Vodafone unlimited without contract is e32.00/mth at the moment....
I havent had a fixed line either in UK or PT for well over 10 years, always simply using hotspot from mobiles.....must have save e000s over that time and lost nothing.
Many people near me have moved to Lazer Telecom provider, using an aerial on the roof, v good speeds of up to 250mbps but again 24 month contracts at about e40 a month. but only certain areas can get the signal down her in the Algarve....but of course when out and about you still need a mobile sim in your phone !!!
Old Feb 15th 2024, 11:31 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
The one day sim I bought was simply recharged using my online bank....options are e10 for 5 days unlimited (that is concurrent) or up to e20 for 15 days then you can add e5 for an extra 5 days............not sure tho if you dont make a top up it would stop working and need replacing, will ask at the shop this afternoon.
But I m am now gonna take a `without contract` (little more expensive than with a contract) that will cost e20.91 for 30gb a month.
MEO offered me 70Gb/mth at e17.99, more GB but opeless speeds and for a 24 month contract.
Vodafone unlimited without contract is e32.00/mth at the moment....
I havent had a fixed line either in UK or PT for well over 10 years, always simply using hotspot from mobiles.....must have save e000s over that time and lost nothing.
Many people near me have moved to Lazer Telecom provider, using an aerial on the roof, v good speeds of up to 250mbps but again 24 month contracts at about e40 a month. but only certain areas can get the signal down her in the Algarve....but of course when out and about you still need a mobile sim in your phone !!!
The issue I quoted with Voda may be only for the unlimited data SIM. A local friend used them and told me about this, I doubted it and asked in-store and they said the drop-off might not be immediate, but they still recommended a new SIM each time. None of the explanations made any sense to me, but..........

We use unlimited due to IPTV and VPN usage.... though we do now have the old satellite dish up and running (it was disconnected during building work 7 years ago). A couple of euro extra a month makes sod all difference if you end up sitting there with a sub 2Mbps connection regularly!
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

I just tried that number 0800209986 and a message in Portuguese came up then the call ended.
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 1:45 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
I just tried that number 0800209986 and a message in Portuguese came up then the call ended.
Don't worry - the telesales department will have harvested your number and you'll be getting 30 calls a day from them from now on.
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 3:41 pm
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by Red Eric
Don't worry - the telesales department will have harvested your number and you'll be getting 30 calls a day from them from now on.
Many a true word spoken in jest. Promises of guaranteed linespeeds and zero downtime.... after you sign a 2-year contract.
Old Feb 24th 2024, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by macliam
Many a true word spoken in jest. Promises of guaranteed linespeeds and zero downtime.... after you sign a 2-year contract.
Absolutely agree.
Cancelled existing 12 month contract earlier this week in the shop on correct form (note the person put a cross as the reason for my cancelling as (doesn`t need it any more) despite the fact that I told her the reason for cancellation was I would not enter a 24 month contract (so MEO doesn`t get any feedback on that matter)
I said that I would now expect to receive an invoice for February and March, of course based on my contract amount over last 12 months (contract expires 10th March).
So surprised to get an invoice for February yesterday with a completely different amount to pay !!
Looks like they have simply changed the base price.....so stopped direct debit at bank and MEO can now contact me directly to sort the last 2 payments out....oh of course it would appear that the service will continue until the end of March, not stop when the contract expires on the 10th ,so I can see them trying to charge me for the period 11th -31st March without a contract special price, again despite me not asking for it.
Its no surprise that the MEO shop always have more receptionists and queues than my local Continente store, whenever I go there....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.