The McCanns

Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold
Default The McCanns

Speculation....... speculation........ is all that the papers here and in the U.K are printing although the Portuguese are getting fly and waiting till the British news give the latest imformation "from a good source" then they quote "skynews said........bla bla bla..."

None of us know for sure what happened to the poor wee girl and I find hard to grasp that the parents could have something to do with it.....which has led me having a few heated debates with Portuguese(mainly inlaws). Hope im not wrong to defend the McCanns........

read this.....it may cause you to "speculate" about the Police.......

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...283987,00.html

Last edited by gedscottish; Sep 14th 2007 at 10:47 am.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:45 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The McCanns

Oooooooooo well done ged,we have our own little place to talk about it now
I am not convinced either way.
There is something very odd about that couple,doesnt make them murderers of course.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:46 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

I've made the concious effort not to defend anyone on this one Ged. Apart from Madeleine of course. I've already read that press release from Sky News and I really don't think it's helpful to the investigation. How some bloke, paid by Sky News, can offer advice from a studio miles away is beyond me. He has no more of a clue what has happened to Madeleine than you or me. It also gives the impression that the Portuguese police can act like a third world corrupt organisation that are happy to beat a confession out of their suspects if it secures a conviction. No wonder your PT in-laws aren't happy. The majority of British media has done nothing other than repeatedly slag off the PT Police and Press. Those that live in glass houses etc...
Old Sep 14th 2007, 11:30 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

That's what's pissing me off no end.

They release information on a very strict basis, not giving a blow-by-blow account like the Brits and Yanks do. We don't have all the facts in, no ond does excepting the Port. coppers - it is merely speculation and a feeding frenzy right now.

It will all out eventually.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by derbyflan
I've made the concious effort not to defend anyone on this one Ged. Apart from Madeleine of course............ The majority of British media has done nothing other than repeatedly slag off the PT Police and Press. Those that live in glass houses etc...
And now the British media are doing what they were slagging off the PT press for.......taking imformation from "good Police sources" I don't think any of the press are helping like you say......I think they have lost track of what this is all about "Finding Madeleine". If the McCanns are guilty.......then it's beyond belief.....but stranger things have happened! Every afternoon here in Portugal there are talk shows where there is only a one sided view from ex-Police,criminoligists,judges and lawers........and I have heard it all from them, from.... that the McCanns have friends in very high places so the U.K is protecting them(even suggesting they have a connection with Gordon Brown) to.....that they are swingers and them and the other couples who were with them that night were all banging the brains out of eachother(thats why they lied for them apparently).......and it's all told if it's fact!! So if there is a court case......how can the jury keep an open mind?! Who is leaking all this imformation in the Police and why is this not being looked into?! Strange couple it seems indeed like Clerigo says.........but how strange would we be in their situation......... is there a normal reaction when your child is abducted?! Innocent untill proven guilty should stand.......

p.s im for sure not saying the P.T Police are any worse than the U.K ones......you just have to look back at the case of the young Brazilian Mendes who was shot dead by Police on the london underground.....and the amount of leaks they let out that turned out to be bullshit

Last edited by gedscottish; Sep 14th 2007 at 1:20 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

red baron is just really nicered baron is just really nicered baron is just really nicered baron is just really nicered baron is just really nicered baron is just really nicered baron is just really nicered baron is just really nice

Niether the PT police or the McCanns have helped themselves during this whole fiasco.

I really do hope that it is not the McCanns, but to leave an unatended 3 year old in an apartment , justifies criminal proceedings against the parents anyway. The perants both hold very good jobs and could surely afford a baby minder or a nanny.

the papers here and in the U.K are printing although the Portuguese are getting fly and waiting till the British news give the latest imformation "from a good source" then they quote "skynews said........bla bla bla..."

None of us know for sure what happened to the poor wee girl and I find hard to grasp that the parents could have something to do with it.....which has led me having a few heated debates with Portuguese(mainly inlaws). Hope im not wrong to defend the McCanns........

read this.....it may cause you to "speculate" about the Police.......

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...283987,00.html[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 16th 2007, 4:00 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

So just what makes this guy a crime expert. And saying he is now a child protection officer doesn't automatically make him an expert in this case. This is just typical of the British media. When they want to make something of nothing they bring in a so-called expert and present his opinion as facts.

I for one do not know what to make of the Maddy case. But unless the abductor(s) release her, her body is found or someone breaks down and tells the truth it is entirely possible that we will never know the truth. And if her parents are tried it will be trial by media. How on earth can they get a fair trial now?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:51 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good point TT - about how the media likes to bring in so-called 'experts' to analyse events as they unfold. Sky have made some plumb choices in numptys to cast their opinions.

Gen Sir Michael Rose on matters concerning the Balkans for example. The bloke was too busy either pissed or shagging his interpreter to really have a clue what was going on around him when he was the Commander of the Brit contingent.

Another clown is ex-Flt Lt John Nicoll. They often roll him out to speak about Gulf-related matters. He was one of the two RAF Aircrew that got shot down in Gulf War 1. It's almost impossible to get shotdown in a Tornado, particularly by a band of poorly equipped arabs with no training, But this halfwit managed to do a grand job of it and it almost cost him and his pilot their lives.

Experts my arse!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:00 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: The McCanns

Yeah, it's incredible that getting shot down makes you a Gulf War expert.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:02 am
C'est la vie

Wink Re: The McCanns

Originally Posted by red baron
The perants both hold very good jobs and could surely afford a baby minder or a nanny.
Just picking nits but the resort provided baby sitters but they (allegedly) didn't want one as the kids wouldn't have known the person provided.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

One of the Sunday papers in the UK managed to find a guy in Monchique who has a pet crematorium who remembers an English speaking couple who turned up a couple of weeks after Maddy went missing with two black bags containing dogs they wanted cremating, which he burnt without checking the contents.

The PT police have supposedly visited this guy, so I would assume he was shown photographs. But as it's now September and there's been no further activity, it sounds like another media story to keep the readers intrigued. The article also said the police have been to other pet crematoria in Lisbon and Spain.

The stories keep getting ever more lurid, but with not much fact it would seem.

At the moment, neither side are coming out of this with much credit thanks to the media.

I see however, that Branson has offered to help with the McCanns legal costs.