Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

LOOKING FOR A SURVEYOR IN THE SANTAREM REGION

LOOKING FOR A SURVEYOR IN THE SANTAREM REGION

Old Sep 12th 2019, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

BeElszaBub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LOOKING FOR A SURVEYOR IN THE SANTAREM REGION

Really struggling to find a Surveyor. I'm hoping to buy in the Constancia area. The nearest 'large' city is Tomar. If anyone has any recommendations please PM me. Thank you.
Old Sep 12th 2019, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

qianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LOOKING FOR A SURVEYOR IN THE SANTAREM REGION

There is no surveyor in UK sense in Portugal. Some people just get engineer to look at the property if they do renovation work. There are some giving UK style report based in Algarve, I also noticed some companies started offering property inspection service to expats in recent years
Old Sep 13th 2019, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Do not make the mistake of assuming that property purchase in other countries follows the pattern of England. Language and culture are different. So too are legal systems and modes of property ownership and purchase.
Old Sep 13th 2019, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

BeElszaBub is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Thanks for the replies. Such an enormous learning curve for anyone starting out on an adventure to buying their own piece of paradise in Portugal. I now have my head around the way the purchase system works insofar as what the solicitor’s role is and what part the Notary plays. Insofar as a surveyor is concerned I now know of (and have been in contact with) 2 RICS Surveyors, both of whom are British born & bred and both of whom live and work (1) in the Algarve; and (2) in Spain and Central Portugal and both offering the full surveys as are available in the UK. If anyone would like their details please PM me.