Wikiposts

Long term rental

Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:56 am
Just Joined

fastlane is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Long term rental

Hi
What are the prospects of renting a property in portugal long term, and what sort of money are we talking just an average price 4 bed average area.
I look forward to your replys
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Nikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant futureNikki _ Sam has a brilliant future
Default Re: Long term rental

What is an average area? you might have to be more specific. As in u.k an apartment in Knightsbridge will be different from a flat in Dagenham. Don't mean to be facetious but it varies so much, especially if you are talking about tourist areas such as the Algarve in or out of season. It is possibly about half what it is in u.k or maybe slightly more, hope that helps a bit at least I'll leave it to someone else to be more specific.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future

Not sure if there is an average area, some of the very remote mountain areas will have property to rent at around 250€ per month for a 4 bed house, on the algarve it could be a 1000€ to 1500€per month or more!

we live near Tomar and a 4 bed rental house here, will be something around 600 to 800 depending on the house, location, garden, pool etc. if its lakeside then around 1000 to 1200 € per month.

approx rental prices here are
one bed house/cottage for around 300€, 2 bed around 450€, 3 bed 550€, 4 bed 700€

hope this helps.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Thank you omostra06
Could you give me a clue could a family of 5 live on £500 pw thats including rent ect
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fastlane
Thank you omostra06
Could you give me a clue could a family of 5 live on £500 pw thats including rent ect
€2500 a month? I reckon so...You more or less need what you get here i.e. if you need £2,500 a month here to cover everything then you'll need €2,500 there. I have a family of 5 and I'm sure we don't spend £2,5k a month though it's a bit hard to tell atm as it's ALL overdraft

G
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future

more than enough to live here. depending on your spending habbits.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:04 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Supremegermalene
€2500 a month? I reckon so...You more or less need what you get here i.e. if you need £2,500 a month here to cover everything then you'll need €2,500 there. I have a family of 5 and I'm sure we don't spend £2,5k a month though it's a bit hard to tell atm as it's ALL overdraft

G
Well we are six and i know we spend that on mortgage , bills , living costs etc and we cannot afford to be extravagant in anyway?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:28 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gazz
Well we are six and i know we spend that on mortgage , bills , living costs etc and we cannot afford to be extravagant in anyway?
Except for your manicures and waxing sessions
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Hettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
That's put me off my lunch!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:39 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hettyb
That's put me off my lunch!
I didn't even mention his colonic irrigation
Old Sep 17th 2008, 2:05 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=gazz;6792273]Well we are six and i know we spend that on mortgage , bills , living costs etc and we cannot afford to be extravagant in anyway?[/QUOTE

Thanks everyone
The locals must earn good wages, i thought they earned lower wages in Portugal then in the UK, What about schooling does anyone send there kids to private school or is it best to use local schooling facilities . Health care is also a big issue if someone could shed some light on that i would appreciate it, many thanks
Old Sep 17th 2008, 2:12 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
A "Back, sack and crack" isn´t cheap here i can tell you!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 2:16 am
Just Joined

A "Back, sack and crack" isn´t cheap here i can tell you!
I use a lighter much more affective ( DIY )
Old Sep 17th 2008, 2:18 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

[QUOTE=fastlane;6792634]
Well we are six and i know we spend that on mortgage , bills , living costs etc and we cannot afford to be extravagant in anyway?[/QUOTE

Thanks everyone
The locals must earn good wages, i thought they earned lower wages in Portugal then in the UK, What about schooling does anyone send there kids to private school or is it best to use local schooling facilities . Health care is also a big issue if someone could shed some light on that i would appreciate it, many thanks
Depends how much money you have as to wether you can afford the International schools or not, any private health care is expensive , don´t get me started on Dental fees, then theres lunches, transport , school books, and every now again something always pops up to add to the costs, and all this is on top of the existing budget for rent, mortgage, bills etc, so my advice is do your homework and always have a buffer if possible, its not cheap here in the Algarve so be well prepared.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 2:19 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

Originally Posted by fastlane
I use a lighter much more affective ( DIY )
Well as i can´t tell if your male or female i will refrain from answering at the mo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.