Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

LONG TERM PARKING AT FARO ?

LONG TERM PARKING AT FARO ?

Old Jun 3rd 2022, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LONG TERM PARKING AT FARO ?

Originally Posted by coleio
Bizarre, for the many times I have parked in that area, nor other similar places to take a short public transport ride to airport, there were no cars clamped as far as I can remember. Where do you get your information on this strange clamping activity and what is the frequency of this activity happenings?
My information about this "strange clamping activity" is straight from the Código da Estrada (it's like the UK Highway Code but unlike the HC it is compulsory rather than advisory). Every driver should read it as there's stuff in there which can catch drivers out, one of the oddest ones being it's illegal for a rear seat passenger to enter or exit the vehicle from the side of the car that isn't adjacent to the pavement.

I have no idea how often clamping and removal happens in Faro, I assume not often from what you've posted, but the option is there for the authorities to do so if they chose to.
Old Feb 12th 2023, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

J00ls is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone used the long term parking at Faro Airport? We are thinking of using P3 or P4. P3 doesn't appear to be available for booking online which could be a bit risky. P4 seems to be in the middle of the car rental area. Has anyone used either of these successfully please?
Old Feb 13th 2023, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J00ls
Has anyone used the long term parking at Faro Airport? We are thinking of using P3 or P4. P3 doesn't appear to be available for booking online which could be a bit risky. P4 seems to be in the middle of the car rental area. Has anyone used either of these successfully please?
Yes, did P4 a couple of times last year. Works out at I think 5 euro a day. Book and pay online then scan the print out at the entrance barrier to get in but I think it also reads your license plate.
Old Mar 2nd 2023, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Sportpix - we tried it out a few weeks ago and it worked well. We needed to scan on the way in but on the way out the barrier opened automatically.

Last edited by J00ls; Mar 2nd 2023 at 6:14 pm. Reason: Exiting car park
Old Mar 3rd 2023, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sportpix - we tried it out a few weeks ago and it worked well. We needed to scan on the way in but on the way out the barrier opened automatically.
That’s good to know. I might need it again in a few weeks as I’m going back to HK for a couple of weeks. At 5 euro per day it’s still cheaper than getting a car from Lagos to the airport and back but way, way more expensive than the train. I planned for the train when I came back a couple of weeks ago but was told they were on strike when I got to Faro train station so still ended up taking an Uber for 90 euro. Ouch!
Old Mar 3rd 2023, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Exactly - nice to have your own car waiting. Still a bit concerned however that the barrier went up before we had a chance to scan on the way out - hope we are not going to receive a huge bill! Car park 3 also looked to have spaces, but further to walk.
Old Mar 4th 2023, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly - nice to have your own car waiting. Still a bit concerned however that the barrier went up before we had a chance to scan on the way out - hope we are not going to receive a huge bill! Car park 3 also looked to have spaces, but further to walk.
I've noticed recently that the barriers go up before I've presented my parking ticket, especially at P2 as I am leaving with my newly arrived guests having paid one Euro minimum. I don't have a transponder in the car, otherwise I would know the reason why. I tried not paying once, only to find that the barrier stayed firmly down so, I conclude that it only happens if you have paid up. Some sort of magic?
Old Mar 4th 2023, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

do you have a via verde transponder in the car?
Old Mar 4th 2023, 10:19 am
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

There's ANPR cameras on all the barriers that read your number plate as you approach. You have to scan your booking on the way in but it let's you out just based on the camera reading your plate and knowing you've paid.
Old Mar 4th 2023, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard
do you have a via verde transponder in the car?
As I said in my post, I do not have a transponder.
Old May 2nd 2023, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

gonna use P4 this week (P3 sold out),
Anyone know if you can you just rock up and go in, collect ticket and pay when you leave at a desk or do you have to book and pay online?
Old May 2nd 2023, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

We booked online and it worked well,. I think you can just turn up - but of course there is always a risk it might be full.
Old May 2nd 2023, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

thnks for reply.
If paying online presume you have to print a barcode or QR code?
Old May 2nd 2023, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Yes that’s right. They email you a QR code to scan on the way in. Then assuming you return in the allotted time, the barrier automatically lets you out.
Old May 2nd 2023, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wellinever
gonna use P4 this week (P3 sold out),
Anyone know if you can you just rock up and go in, collect ticket and pay when you leave at a desk or do you have to book and pay online?
What’s the difference in price? I’m planning a couple of trips in the coming weeks and maybe need to book early

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.