Reload this Page >

Long term car rental

Long term car rental

Old Jan 12th 2017, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Waterhouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Long term car rental

Hello

I'm moving to Faro on the 23rd Jan. I'm looking at renting a car for around 10 months. Does anybody know any small local companies that offer that service at a fixed price?

Thanks
Old Jan 12th 2017, 7:06 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long term car rental

Originally Posted by Waterhouse
Hello

I'm moving to Faro on the 23rd Jan. I'm looking at renting a car for around 10 months. Does anybody know any small local companies that offer that service at a fixed price?

Thanks
GIven that you will be hiring during the peak season ,cheaper to buy than rent.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Waterhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EMR
GIven that you will be hiring during the peak season ,cheaper to buy than rent.
I was thinking that but a car that will probably need some work over that amount of time would be around €2000 at least without insurance.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice

I would consider working out a way of using a UK car. Rent at low cost until Easter then do a cheap flight back soon after and return in a UK car for the summer

Rental companies are short of cars during high season and get max margins then - there is no benefit to them to give you any kind of deal during peak months

Autovirgem based on the airport approach road are worth a discussion - they do deals and are more flexible than the major outfits
Old Jan 13th 2017, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have thought it'd be more cost effective to buy a cheap little puddle jumper here but you might like to try www.arguscarhire.com who are a price comparison site that usually offers some good deals.

If you do decide to use a UK registered vehicle don't forget you can only keep it here for 180 days maximum & it has to be (UK) taxed, tested & insured all the while it's here... If you get caught breaching those rules they can & sometimes do permanently confiscate the vehicle.