Lemsip

Old Nov 28th 2023, 2:00 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lemsip

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Italians drink warm milk with Grappa in it. The grappa is enough to kill off any bug or germ. The milk is probably just to wash it down or make it more child-friendly. Italians are hypochondriacs anyway and die if they are not wearing a scarf, walk barefoot or go out in the air so I never really listened to them.
You are in a bad section to talk about "hypochondria"...... although in Portugal it mixes seemlessly with old wives tales. By this time of year, anyone venturing outside without a scarf is crazy..... even if it is still 22C. It is perfectly normal to sit at your desk in an overcoat.... and sitting in a draught is a one-way ticket to the cemetery. Drinking coffee after midday causes insomnia, chilled red wine and 7-up is a viable combination, Geckos exist ony to spit in your eye and blind you, neutered cats don't catch mice, etc., etc.

However, my Pop's cold remedy stands the test of time. A double whiskey, lemon juice and a soup spoon of honey, topped off with boiling water and sipped. If you don't have lemon, honey or hot water.... replace with whiskey! Repeat until cured.
Old Nov 28th 2023, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shanorme
But did you did enjoy it? He was going to cough anyway.
He's not coughing now, maybe it did work after all!

Last edited by bons; Nov 28th 2023 at 5:26 am.
Old Nov 29th 2023, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Probably of no interest but I have the juice from half a lemon and a small teaspoon of honey in warm water every morning when I get up and I can’t remember the last time I had a cold. Shame it doesn’t help my damaged ankle 😢
Old Nov 30th 2023, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Angry Re: Lemsip

Originally Posted by sportpix
Probably of no interest but I have the juice from half a lemon and a small teaspoon of honey in warm water every morning when I get up and I can’t remember the last time I had a cold. Shame it doesn’t help my damaged ankle 😢
I am ill now. I haven't been ill since I 2020 and that was only a sniffle that lasted a day. I might try that though.

Is your damaged ankle from the cycling accident you had?
Old Nov 30th 2023, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

No, that one has now gone arthritic and might need to be fused. My ‘good’ ankle is playing up
now with tendonitis possibly as a result of a swimming accident many years ago. Playing golf on it three times a week is probably not helping
Old Nov 30th 2023, 7:07 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
I am ill now. I haven't been ill since I 2020 and that was only a sniffle that lasted a day. I might try that though.
Hi, butting in from the France forum, a cautionary tale: I caught a cold and cough recently, for the first time in years. Since it lasted some time, the nurse who had been coming regularly to change a dressing, decided to do a test on the spot. It turned out to be Covid....
Take care!
(I found some old Vicks, which was enough to give relief....)
Old Nov 30th 2023, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sportpix
No, that one has now gone arthritic and might need to be fused. My ‘good’ ankle is playing up
now with tendonitis possibly as a result of a swimming accident many years ago. Playing golf on it three times a week is probably not helping
You try to be active and your body works against you. I'm trying to keep up running with bulging discs!!!!!!
Old Nov 30th 2023, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, butting in from the France forum, a cautionary tale: I caught a cold and cough recently, for the first time in years. Since it lasted some time, the nurse who had been coming regularly to change a dressing, decided to do a test on the spot. It turned out to be Covid....
Take care!
(I found some old Vicks, which was enough to give relief....)
Thanks. I guess the treatment is the same for a cold, flu or Covid. Rest and fluids.
Old Nov 30th 2023, 11:08 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I guess the treatment is the same for a cold, flu or Covid. Rest and fluids Whiskey.
FIFY
Old Nov 30th 2023, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by macliam
FIFY
Probably, but I can't stand whiskey!!

Last edited by bons; Nov 30th 2023 at 11:26 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2023, 11:26 pm
Resident Cynic

Probably, but I can't stand whiskey!!
Other spirits are available!
Old Nov 30th 2023, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by macliam
Other spirits are available!
I only like beer or port/sherry at Christmas. The thought of beer makes me feel ill at the moment.
Old Dec 8th 2023, 2:14 am
Just Joined

royle100 is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.menshealth.com/uk/health...rvive-man-flu/
Old Dec 8th 2023, 2:27 am
Resident Cynic

No mention of Whiskey.

Incomplete.

(PS, poitín is the real deal, but a bit harder to get!)
Old Dec 19th 2023, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 weeks and a day into the flu, I am better of course, but feel terrrible at some point most days. How long will it take to get rid of this? The worst is blocked sinuses, it gives me a headache and makes me feel sick and I can't eat and breathe at the same time when it's bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.