leather chairs

Old Jan 30th 2017, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

rollermum83 is on a distinguished road
Default leather chairs

Hi I have just purchased some traditional dining chairs with the leather seat and back studs down the side with embossed detail.
Wondered if anyone knew the best way to clean them and with any products. some of the embossed detail is a little dirty but good old cotton bud dipped in a tiny amount of water wont budge it. I have thought about saddle soap but not sure if this is the way to go.
Thanks in anticipation.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 3:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: leather chairs

Are these new or second hand? .... If they're new, you're trying to remove the "aged finish" applied by the manufacturer to give them an heirloom look.

If they really do need cleaning, I'd use a tooth brush and either saddle soap for the leather or toothpaste for the metal - but in both cases try a little, cautiously, to start with to see what the impact is
Old Jan 30th 2017, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

rollermum83 is on a distinguished road

Hi they are second hand generally in great condition just a couple that they obviously used often I like the look of them being used and worn in parts just some bits are dirtier than others, also I would like to maintain them for years to come so want to go about it the right way. Thanks for your advice I'll give it a go and see what happens 😄
Old Jan 31st 2017, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rollermum83
Hi I have just purchased some traditional dining chairs with the leather seat and back studs down the side with embossed detail.
Wondered if anyone knew the best way to clean them and with any products. some of the embossed detail is a little dirty but good old cotton bud dipped in a tiny amount of water wont budge it. I have thought about saddle soap but not sure if this is the way to go.
Thanks in anticipation.

DON'T TOUCH THEM.. Rollermum Do it yourself on leather is usually a disaster. (i should know ) I have used a wonderful guy who worked professionally with leather furniture. He restored our desperate looking cream sofa's. I will PM you with his details.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rollermum83
Thanks in anticipation.
Once cleaned , best for maintenance is Nivea, it is skin you are dealing with after all