Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Learning portugese

Learning portugese

Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

dollydimple62 will become famous soon enough
Post Learning portugese

My hubby and I are planning to move to portugal soon, we have bought the link word portugese language course and think its one of the best ones to use... So just thought Ide share this info... we can speak sentances already... and as we already speak a couple of languages we thought that speaking the language will help us get around portugal a lot easier...

Any one else learning?

Dolly
Old Feb 15th 2007, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Learning portugese

I have been here 3 years and im far from fluent....although im too lazy to actually study it. So if you are not even living here and your already picking it up....your both doing well. Im sure the fact you already seak other launages will be a huge benifit. Good luck and nice to see people making the effort to speak Portuguese
Old Feb 15th 2007, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gedscottish
I have been here 3 years and im far from fluent....although im too lazy to actually study it. So if you are not even living here and your already picking it up....your both doing well. Im sure the fact you already seak other launages will be a huge benifit. Good luck and nice to see people making the effort to speak Portuguese

Thanks ged....
I must admit I enjoy learning languages and am fluent in swedish and Norweigen (lived there) I think it helps when you live in the place... I'm going to miss Scotland but I can visit any time I want I suppose....

Dolly
Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future

speaking Portuguese will make life easier and more enjoyable when your in Portugal, its good that your picking it up but the real test is when you speak to the locals getting the pronunciation just right can be tricky and of course depending on where you are in Portugal it changes. watch out for some of the language courses teaching Brazillian versions as well as Portuguese as its very different.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Learning portugese

Originally Posted by omostra06
speaking Portuguese will make life easier and more enjoyable when your in Portugal, its good that your picking it up but the real test is when you speak to the locals getting the pronunciation just right can be tricky and of course depending on where you are in Portugal it changes. watch out for some of the language courses teaching Brazillian versions as well as Portuguese as its very different.

Thanks for that ... I shall keep that in mind... We are moving to about an hour east of lisbon, so will have to listen very carefully...Its so much fun tapping into a new world by using languages...

Dolly
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Wonderful!!! You'll love it, I'm sure
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

omostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant futureomostra06 has a brilliant future

where about are you moving to? were just north east of Lisbon at Tomar and Abrantes area.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

where about are you moving to? were just north east of Lisbon at Tomar and Abrantes area.
The place is near a town called Aljente (think thats how you spell it) I,m looking forward to it vey much.... theres a lot of sorting here first though!

Dolly
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

well good luck on the move....and have fun practicing your Portuguese on the locals..
Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

well good luck on the move....and have fun practicing your Portuguese on the locals..

Thanks for your kind words..I am looking forward to testing my portugese, maybe I should be ready with a camera to take a photo of the locals when they fall about laughing at my attempts LOLOLOL

Dolly
Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thats all part of the fun...if you can entertain the locals youll get to know them quicker.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 5:34 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Thats all part of the fun...if you can entertain the locals youll get to know them quicker.
Dolly Dimple, are you an inflated Chistmas pudding? Albeit Poruguese speaking.
Who makes posts in England at 5 in the morning "Mein Got im Himmel" I am still not drunk by that time. Ha!!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
Dolly Dimple, are you an inflated Chistmas pudding? Albeit Poruguese speaking.
Who makes posts in England at 5 in the morning "Mein Got im Himmel" I am still not drunk by that time. Ha!!
ROFLMAO...nope dear sir I am not a pudding, LOL but own horses so my day starts early and that time of the morning is the only chnace I get to pop on the internet...

"kära du"

Dolly
Old Feb 17th 2007, 5:56 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollydimple62
ROFLMAO...nope dear sir I am not a pudding, LOL but own horses so my day starts early and that time of the morning is the only chnace I get to pop on the internet...

"kära du"

Dolly
Horses are the most beautiful animals on the planet!! I hope you feel the same way.
Just joking about the Christmas pudding. We all know your a pregnant easter egg!!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
Horses are the most beautiful animals on the planet!! I hope you feel the same way.
Just joking about the Christmas pudding. We all know your a pregnant easter egg!!
LOL, yes a pregnant choccy easter egg

yes I love horses, I own 13 of them...such majastic creatures...

I am a horse junky extraudinair!

Dolly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.