LAGOS

Old Jan 31st 2017, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default LAGOS

I just want to put my hand up here and apologise first.

Every place we have ever moved to over the last umpty tumpty years has almost immediately become extremely popular. Even the last quite unattractive village in NL.suddenly sprouted the best chocolatier,the best patisserie ,and the best ice cream parlour in the Netherlands. We can't take the entire credit for this Altho we did make some huge dents in all three business's

Luz is not far from where we live and they have opened a wonderful ice cream emporium since our arrival. ditto a patisserie. I await the chocolatier with huge anticipation.

Lagos apparently got the largest 'hit's on google search for the whole of Portugal last year. They are closing in on us again. It won't be long before this town become's the hottest spot in the country.. You have been warned!!! Sorry we have no plans to move.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 10:38 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LAGOS

Originally Posted by GeniB
I just want to put my hand up here and apologise first.

Every place we have ever moved to over the last umpty tumpty years has almost immediately become extremely popular. Even the last quite unattractive village in NL.suddenly sprouted the best chocolatier,the best patisserie ,and the best ice cream parlour in the Netherlands. We can't take the entire credit for this Altho we did make some huge dents in all three business's

Luz is not far from where we live and they have opened a wonderful ice cream emporium since our arrival. ditto a patisserie. I await the chocolatier with huge anticipation.

Lagos apparently got the largest 'hit's on google search for the whole of Portugal last year. They are closing in on us again. It won't be long before this town become's the hottest spot in the country.. You have been warned!!! Sorry we have no plans to move.
Lagos is without doubt our favourite of all the larger towns ,cities in the Algarve.
I have been told off more than once for negative comments on Albufeira.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 10:39 am
Just Joined

DM13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great... we're planning to move there this spring!
Old Jan 31st 2017, 10:53 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

More posts like this, please, from you softy Southerners. Give the place a bit of much-needed publicity.

It's definitely the place to be - got everything. Friendly locals, great beaches, lovely food, handy to the airport, home-from-home feel except for the weather, which is fantastic. Bet it's even warm there today. Sort of rainy-snowy and very windy here in the north but it'll probably clear up a bit sometime towards late June. The butchers only sell tripe and nobody's heard of cake let alone opened a shop which sells any.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 11:09 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric
More posts like this, please, from you softy Southerners. Give the place a bit of much-needed publicity.

It's definitely the place to be - got everything. Friendly locals, great beaches, lovely food, handy to the airport, home-from-home feel except for the weather, which is fantastic. Bet it's even warm there today. Sort of rainy-snowy and very windy here in the north but it'll probably clear up a bit sometime towards late June. The butchers only sell tripe and nobody's heard of cake let alone opened a shop which sells any.
For us softies its a cool rainy day but almost tropical compared to that we will be returning to at the weekend.
Do you need a food parcel of those expat essentials like PG tips, Heinz sauce and beanz, Marmite etc etc.
Post brexit we expect the UK government to send in mercy flights full of these essentials.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EMR
Lagos is without doubt our favourite of all the larger towns ,cities in the Algarve.
I have been told off more than once for negative comments on Albufeira.
Tavira and Lagos were the two at the top of our list.. both beautiful towns!

Albufeira i guess has it own appeal, but not really what we were looking for when looking for a home.
Old Jan 31st 2017, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Sort of rainy-snowy and very windy here in the north but it'll probably clear up a bit sometime towards late June.
Lucky you, it's about -10 degrees Celsius where i am right now.. and that's considered mild for this time of year!
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Eric
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DM13
Great... we're planning to move there this spring!

Hi DM 13 and welcome to paradise.. I think Alice Caroline is going to pass on the lawyers name I recommended to her.. Good luck with your move
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DM13
Lucky you, it's about -10 degrees Celsius where i am right now.. and that's considered mild for this time of year!

Hate to tell you but it was 17 deg's here today .Ate lunch outside overlooking Lagos marina
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

AliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond repute

Hi DM 13 and welcome to paradise.. I think Alice Caroline is going to pass on the lawyers name I recommended to her.. Good luck with your move
I have passed on the name of the lawyer you suggested GeniB.

I emailed the lawyer the other day. He got straight back to me with a quote and we have made an appointment to see him when we are over in March

This is obviously all new to us and we were wondering how we go about paying for the property.
We are planning to open a Portuguese bank account in March but as we still live in the UK we don't know the best way to produce the money for the deposit ect.
I've seen many people recommend Transferwise.
Would it be best to transfer money direct from our UK account to our lawyers account using a company like this?
I guess our lawyer will explain all this when we meet him.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

Hate to tell you but it was 17 deg's here today .Ate lunch outside overlooking Lagos marina
Come July you will be eating lunch on top of the aircon indoors while we up here in the north will be feasting on tripe, smoked pig snouts and ears outside in the cool breeze.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 1:01 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by Ukkram
Come July you will be eating lunch on top of the aircon indoors while we up here in the north will be feasting on tripe, smoked pig snouts and ears outside in the cool breeze.
You really should come south as you have little idea of the reality of life here.
In 15 years we have never had to eat indoors with the aircon on.
Lunch outside in the sun in January is a real treat..
We do have to absail down the cliffs you have seen on google earth to get to our beaches..
The daily saharan sand storms can be a pain and not being able to take our camels on the motorway is an inconvenience.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by AliceCaroline
I have passed on the name of the lawyer you suggested GeniB.

I emailed the lawyer the other day. He got straight back to me with a quote and we have made an appointment to see him when we are over in March

This is obviously all new to us and we were wondering how we go about paying for the property.
We are planning to open a Portuguese bank account in March but as we still live in the UK we don't know the best way to produce the money for the deposit ect.
I've seen many people recommend Transferwise.
Would it be best to transfer money direct from our UK account to our lawyers account using a company like this?
I guess our lawyer will explain all this when we meet him.
Hi Alice afraid we have no experience of transferring from UK to Portugal. Indeed the lawyer can help you with those questions..
Old Feb 4th 2017, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ukkram
Lol Ukkram It's not Spain you know. We don't have aircon and have honestly never felt the need for it.Nearly always a lovely breeze here. Our bedrooms are on the ground floor so stay at least 5 deg cooler. All we ever do is put the ceiling fans on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.