Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Jet2 cancelling flights

Jet2 cancelling flights

Old Jun 8th 2020, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jet2 cancelling flights

bang goes my flight with Jet2 on 4th July...only booked it last week, today receive text saying that all flights cancelled until 15th July.....
Now here is the rub yet again,,,,,,,so having paid £60 for the flight on the 4th July I can now change that to a flight on the 15th.....at a cost of £150 !!!!
I can only fly on a Saturday so thats that. But they also say that my return flight on the 24th July is also cancelled??? Odd considering they are still selling tickets for that flight.
Here is the wording they give ::
` Receive a refund credit note: Cancel your flights and get a refund credit note to spend on new flights with us. All you need to do is click on ‘cancel flights’ button on the menu above. Please note, this may be easier to do on a desktop or tablet.`

This all looks a bit odd to me, it suggests that I click on the `CANCEL FLIGHTS` button, surely that would mean that it is I that have cancelled the flights.
And what is a `credit refund note` ?........No mention of a simple refund of money.

Is my interpretation of what is being said correct?? ANy thoughts...
Getting really annoyed with these airlines, Ryanair still owe me a flight refund from June..no word from them. And I thought Jet2 was a more reasonable airline, clear that they think that the planes will be empty at beginning of July, and now wait until bars etc are fully open in The Med countries, when they assume that Brits will then go out for holiday.
Old Jun 8th 2020, 4:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jet2 cancelling flights

Originally Posted by wellinever
bang goes my flight with Jet2 on 4th July...only booked it last week, today receive text saying that all flights cancelled until 15th July.....
Now here is the rub yet again,,,,,,,so having paid £60 for the flight on the 4th July I can now change that to a flight on the 15th.....at a cost of £150 !!!!
I can only fly on a Saturday so thats that. But they also say that my return flight on the 24th July is also cancelled??? Odd considering they are still selling tickets for that flight.
Here is the wording they give ::
` Receive a refund credit note: Cancel your flights and get a refund credit note to spend on new flights with us. All you need to do is click on ‘cancel flights’ button on the menu above. Please note, this may be easier to do on a desktop or tablet.`

This all looks a bit odd to me, it suggests that I click on the `CANCEL FLIGHTS` button, surely that would mean that it is I that have cancelled the flights.
And what is a `credit refund note` ?........No mention of a simple refund of money.

Is my interpretation of what is being said correct?? ANy thoughts...
Getting really annoyed with these airlines, Ryanair still owe me a flight refund from June..no word from them. And I thought Jet2 was a more reasonable airline, clear that they think that the planes will be empty at beginning of July, and now wait until bars etc are fully open in The Med countries, when they assume that Brits will then go out for holiday.
A credit refund note is just a 'voucher' for the same sum you paid for the flight, which you can use to book another flight at a future date. A flight that will invariably be more expensive than the sum on your credit note, so you'll pay more.
And yes, trying to make you cancel the flight yourself is a dirty trick, and one that most airlines are playing. Either wait for them to cancel, or if they don't then your flight will go ahead (or should go ahead!)

If a UK airline cancels a flight they have to offer you a refund by law.
Old Jun 9th 2020, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had a few flights cancelled recently. 1 of the flights was not to Portugal and it was for 4 people, so I wanted my money back. I did nothing. Then I got another email from Jet 2 confirming they would be refunding my money for the entire flight in both directions. I got my refund within 7 working days. The same was true of 2 other flights. The flight I had booked to fly to Faro, I just clicked cancel flight, got a voucher then used that very, very long code they sent me by email and re-booked a new flight to Faro. Hope that helps.
Old Jun 9th 2020, 3:08 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems Jet2 and easyJet are playing the same dirty tactics as Ryanair now... Make sure you book with a UK credit card where the chargeback process makes it easy to get your money back. From personal experience, Amex is extremely easy, money back in minutes after answering a few tick box questions online.
Old Jun 9th 2020, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

I had absolutely no problems at all getting my money back from Jet 2.
Old Jun 10th 2020, 7:46 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

Is Ryanair already flying to Portugal ? Or WIZZ air ?
Old Jun 10th 2020, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Its not really about receiving getting money back,,,,,its the reason they have given.......simply `ongoing coronavirus`, thats their excuse for cancellation.
All a bit odd as Gov already talking about 1 mtre rule, pubs reopen on 4th July (day of cancellation), non essential shops open by then,so surely Jet 2s reason is bull****.
Its all about exchanging a flight for £60 for a 2 week later flight at £150, this is simple robbery.

Yes Ryanair flights start on 1st July to Faro (unless cancelled over next 3 weeks)
Old Jun 10th 2020, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Yes our government have made a complete hash of this entire covid19 crisis. I agree.
Old Jun 11th 2020, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Here is the latest.....you could not make it up if you tried....

So My flight with Jet2 for the 4th July has been cancelled (booked and paid for on the 4th June, cancelled on 8th June) .
The booking was for going out on 4th July returning on 24th July.
I really need to be in Portugal on the 4th, due to meetings planned with the Camara on the 9th July, (taken 2 months to get this meeting).
My only option was to fly with Ryanair, who are showing flights on 4th to Faro.. and I already have a refund credit with them which they have not paid me since early May.
So I have used that credit note to pay for a oneway flight with Ryanair....so far so good.

Only problem is that when I come to change the flights with Jet2, my booking which was a return package, cannot be split, so I cannot just keep the return part and get credit for the outgoing...So only option I see is to cancel the whole thing, get a credit note for the full value (Out and return) and then use part of that to rebook the return on the 24th, as it was in the beginning.
So I do all of this, no problem, credit note number received, I rebook the return flight, go to the pay page, yes there is a slot to input credit note number........thats when I meet the next problem.........becuase the original booking was made with the outward country of UK and starting at STansted the amount was paid for in Sterling.....now it tels me that because I am starting from Faro (return to UK as a oneway) the credit note is not valid as it only covers transactions amde in Sterling, and asks me to pay for the flight in euros.
I have tried to change the payment currency to Sterling but at the end the result is the same, I theerfore now conclude that I cannot use thsi credit note at all unless I start in the UK.
(Also before i started this this morning I waited for over 35 mins to talk with someone, and then gave up)
Old Jun 11th 2020, 9:37 am
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

Whoever runs the department in charge of hanging on to customers money at all costs is gettng his Christmas bonus paid this year... Probably a percentage of all the unused "credit refund notes" plus a slice of the extra people have paid when they rebook from a cheap cancelled flight they had no intention of ever running onto a more expensive flight a week later.
Old Jun 11th 2020, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Are you a resident of Portugal, or a citizen ? I thought it was still not possible for British people to go to Portugal. Plus our FCO are still saying only essential travel. So any insurance is not valid.
I take it all this is taken care of. We would go ourselves on our flights with Ryanair on the 5th July, but not prepared to take the risk of not being allowed entry plus very important to all of us to have insurance in place.
Old Jun 11th 2020, 1:00 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riv
Is Ryanair already flying to Portugal ? Or WIZZ air ?
Yes and yes.

Not the usual range of departure / arrival airports at the moment, though.

Last edited by Red Eric; Jun 11th 2020 at 1:02 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2020, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by robbie20
Are you a resident of Portugal, or a citizen ? I thought it was still not possible for British people to go to Portugal. Plus our FCO are still saying only essential travel. So any insurance is not valid.
I take it all this is taken care of. We would go ourselves on our flights with Ryanair on the 5th July, but not prepared to take the risk of not being allowed entry plus very important to all of us to have insurance in place.
No I am a UK resident with a house in Portugal, without habitation license, (hence my reason to get back to sort it out asap) been going on for over 6 months waiting for the Camara.
I listen to all that the UK gov says, but as I am sure you must now realise, this is a bunch of wasters, every single decision they have made right from the start and well before have been the wrong decisions. And still it goes on and on, now its schools.how can they be so useless??? And the UK is relying on this bunch of ***sers to reach a good deal with the EU !!!
I get my info from here : https://www.visitportugal.com/en/node/421175

So see nothing about visitors not being allowed. Also Portuguese gov has said that any no Portuguese resident will be treated for Covid whilst in Portugal, so I assume thats sorted as well....
Only time you would not be allowed in is if you had symptoms or temperature on arrival.
If you have a property in Portugal make sure you take all docs associated just to prove it, I think it could help in any questions.

Anyone else like to confirm what I am saying is correct or have I got this all wrong??
Old Jun 11th 2020, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

qianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
Here is the latest.....you could not make it up if you tried....

So My flight with Jet2 for the 4th July has been cancelled (booked and paid for on the 4th June, cancelled on 8th June) .
The booking was for going out on 4th July returning on 24th July.
I really need to be in Portugal on the 4th, due to meetings planned with the Camara on the 9th July, (taken 2 months to get this meeting).
My only option was to fly with Ryanair, who are showing flights on 4th to Faro.. and I already have a refund credit with them which they have not paid me since early May.
So I have used that credit note to pay for a oneway flight with Ryanair....so far so good.

Only problem is that when I come to change the flights with Jet2, my booking which was a return package, cannot be split, so I cannot just keep the return part and get credit for the outgoing...So only option I see is to cancel the whole thing, get a credit note for the full value (Out and return) and then use part of that to rebook the return on the 24th, as it was in the beginning.
So I do all of this, no problem, credit note number received, I rebook the return flight, go to the pay page, yes there is a slot to input credit note number........thats when I meet the next problem.........becuase the original booking was made with the outward country of UK and starting at STansted the amount was paid for in Sterling.....now it tels me that because I am starting from Faro (return to UK as a oneway) the credit note is not valid as it only covers transactions amde in Sterling, and asks me to pay for the flight in euros.
I have tried to change the payment currency to Sterling but at the end the result is the same, I theerfore now conclude that I cannot use thsi credit note at all unless I start in the UK.
(Also before i started this this morning I waited for over 35 mins to talk with someone, and then gave up)
Yes I think the fare has to be the local currency of where the flight is originated. It’s those little details the airlines use to get maximum profit.
Old Jun 12th 2020, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by robbie20
I had absolutely no problems at all getting my money back from Jet 2.
So can you tell me exactly what did you do to get a cash refund, and when was that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.