Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Items through customs, Calais/Dover return

Items through customs, Calais/Dover return

Old Apr 21st 2023, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

morro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Items through customs, Calais/Dover return

I have not driven to the UK since Brexit madness!
Can I take honey to the UK?
Can I bring Corned beef and Pek into France?
Old Apr 21st 2023, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Items through customs, Calais/Dover return

The UK has not yet got its act together in respect of documentation re the import of foodstuffs but it would appear that you can bring up to 2kgs of honey from the EU at a time
https://www.gov.uk/bringing-food-int...nimal-products

You cannot bring any meat or dairy products into the EU from a non EU country,as the famous ham sandwich incident confirms
Old Apr 23rd 2023, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

coleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond reputecoleio has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I've been back and forth across Calais Dover Calais Dover Dunkirk Dover many times on shopping trips since Brexit in private cars and apart from being stopped often and searched for hidden passengers in the boot they are not wasting their time and effort going through vehicles looking for hidden packets of ham or cheese or cress seeds or hedgehog flavored crisps

Last edited by coleio; Apr 23rd 2023 at 10:02 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2023, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

CorToria is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by morro
I have not driven to the UK since Brexit madness!
Can I take honey to the UK?
Can I bring Corned beef and Pek into France?
As others have said, UK to EU is more stringent than EU to UK.

I’ve done Calais-Folkestone via Le Shuttle a number of times and yet to be stopped.

By contrast only time I’ve done UK/Santander, was stopped both ways and needed itemised list of possessions in car.
Old Apr 26th 2023, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

1711JohnB is an unknown quantity at this point

We did the Caen to Portsmouth run a few weeks ago and pulled in by French customs. Quick check of the boot and that was it. Very pleasant people.

Fully loaded with Portuguese wine, Spanish and French plus a few botles of spirits.