IMI Payment

Old Aug 3rd 2022, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute
Default IMI Payment

I saw something online to suggest the second IMI payment is now due, but try as I might I can’t find it again. What is the deadline for the second payment? Thanks in advance of replies
Old Aug 3rd 2022, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

ARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMI Payment

Originally Posted by sportpix
I saw something online to suggest the second IMI payment is now due, but try as I might I can’t find it again. What is the deadline for the second payment? Thanks in advance of replies
31st August 2022
Old Aug 3rd 2022, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure they also facilitate Direct Debit now to alleviate all the mither.
Old Aug 3rd 2022, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Sportpix - if you go into "A Minha Area" of the Financas website, then go down towards the bottom of the page, you should come across "Interacaoes" in a blue headed box which shows the Tax situation, and also the IMI situation in your account ... We paid ours off in one go in May, but yours may indicate what and when the second payment is due? Otherwise, still while logged in, go to list at left side of the page and chose Todos os Servicios and then scan down to -"Imposto Municipal sobre imóveis", click on "Notas Cobrancas" which gives you a list of years, click on 2021 and that opens up a page which shows what you have paid, when, and when the next is due (our second payment would have been 2022-11-30 - that is 30th November ... but that may depend on local area, since it is a local municipal tax collected by the National Finances. Happily it can be paid online these days!
Old Aug 3rd 2022, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

ARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond reputeARCNET has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
......... (our second payment would have been 2022-11-30 - that is 30th November ...
That is likely to be because the value of your total bill allows you to pay in two instalments. The 31 August deadline is for those who have a higher value bill and are allowed to pay in three instalments. Given that sportpix said he thought the second payment was due now, that suggests he meant the second of three instalments.
Old Aug 4th 2022, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ARCNET
That is likely to be because the value of your total bill allows you to pay in two instalments. The 31 August deadline is for those who have a higher value bill and are allowed to pay in three instalments. Given that sportpix said he thought the second payment was due now, that suggests he meant the second of three instalments.
Point taken ...
Old Aug 4th 2022, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for the replies. The bill was for one payment of 228 euro or 2x114 paid in two installments. It gave the date of the first payment but not the second. I haven’t as yet gone into the tax portal as these thing horrify me and I normally leave all such things to my far more intelligent wife. After almost two years here on my Jack I’m happy to say that she has finally arrived and so I will investigate this with her help. Thanks RA. After more than 2.5 years of not leaving HK she has had to ease herself back into the real world and it’s been challenging. Getting used to not wearing a mask all of the time was strange but a complete relief to her, as is not having to beep a QR code on her phone to be able to enter a shop or restaurant. Sadly she will leave again next week and head back to the nonsense of zero covid. The good news is that I think she likes
Lagos 😅. And on the subject of tax, my accountant told me to expect an income tax bill of about 450 euros. The bill turned up last week and it was more than 1500! I asked the accountant to explain this and she said that the tax department has made an error and that she would appeal to them, however if I don’t hear from them by the due date at the end of the month to pay it and sort it out later. This sounds a bit random to me. The accountant is not cheap.