Wikiposts

Ikea - Faro

Old Mar 25th 2017, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ikea - Faro

I noticed the new Ikea in Faro is opening next month.
(Although I can't say I enjoyed their breakfast with no bacon, egg, sausage, mushroom as much as the UK version.)
Old Mar 25th 2017, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ikea - Faro

Originally Posted by Knoxy_UK
I noticed the new Ikea in Faro is opening next month.
(Although I can't say I enjoyed their breakfast with no bacon, egg, sausage, mushroom as much as the UK version.)

Umm It's Swedish Knoxy why would you expect a full English.. Try the meat balls next time..lol
Old Mar 25th 2017, 7:33 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
Umm It's Swedish Knoxy why would you expect a full English.. Try the meat balls next time..lol
2nd workforce fatality on the site today.
I hope that it creates more local jobs than the small Portuguese shops that will suffer as a result of its opening.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
2nd workforce fatality on the site today.
I hope that it creates more local jobs than the small Portuguese shops that will suffer as a result of its opening.
The grand opening of Ikea at Loule is on 30th March. The rest of the shopping centre (around 150 store/restos/cinemas etc I heard) will open later - probably around June They should provide plenty of local employment.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Given that they sell more stuff using less people, I guess in theory Ikea must employ fewer people.
They're famously efficient.

On the other hand with the economy picking up at last, they may be part of a rebounding property and tourist service industry, their low priced goods leaving a little more cash available for other things like hiring extra help or buying a beer at the local pub.

The general feeling of wealth will likely encourage more spending, stimulating sales in other sectors.

Economy is diabolically difficult to predict, but generally speaking this sort of project is considered to be helpful.
Obviously, there will be losers too.

Almost all of the employment in the shopping center will be minimum wage. At least it will be all year.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 8:06 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
The grand opening of Ikea at Loule is on 30th March. The rest of the shopping centre (around 150 store/restos/cinemas etc I heard) will open later - probably around June They should provide plenty of local employment.
It's always a balance with these huge shopping centres.....

On the one hand, local businesses serving the local community MAY lose out, on the other, the shopping centre will attract people who would never have shopped in that area.
.... and (being Irish!) on the other, the draw of IKEA gives the opportunity for other businesses to open that could never have been supported purely by the local market.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 9:04 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

They will be the same shops as in the other 3 shopping centres ,
The population has not increased so all that will happen is that it will draw those who used to go to Guia or Faro.
It is just a vanity project for Loule.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

alf1956 is an unknown quantity at this point

I personaly think its good for the Algarve that we have a reasonably priced store as things tend to be over priced here.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice

Originally Posted by EMR
They will be the same shops as in the other 3 shopping centres ,
The population has not increased so all that will happen is that it will draw those who used to go to Guia or Faro.
It is just a vanity project for Loule.
Agree with you. Shoppers are fickle - they gravitate to the newest offering. With no Ikea in either Guia or Faro, Loulé will do well; but at the expense of the other centres.

It's certainly a BIG thing in terms of construction and visual impact and although the land was a dumping ground for 'broken and spare roadwork equipment and materials' for many years - it's still a big edifice to adjust to.

The planned leisure facilities will hopefully get completed as promised and give a little back to the local community.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 9:35 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by alf1956
I personaly think its good for the Algarve that we have a reasonably priced store as things tend to be over priced here.
Ikea will sell at local prices, its a business NOT a charity.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Knoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond reputeKnoxy_UK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Ikea will sell at local prices, its a business NOT a charity.
Comparing products in the U.K. Ikea (where they sell proper breakfasts) and the Lisboa Ikea, Ikea PT seems dearer than the UK.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

We will know when the shop opens.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 7:54 am
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by alf1956
We will know when the shop opens.
Why would Ikea Faro be cheaper than Ikea Lisbon?
Old Mar 26th 2017, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

I have no idea why it would be cheaper than the Lisbon store & I never said it would be cheaper I just said we will know when the shop opens.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all

My guess is that as Ikea have a national catalogue and website structure the prices will be the same nationwide, Loulé will be no different. Compared to U.K. prices that'll depend on the exchange rate at the time. Probably more worthwhile is to compare to the Spanish Ikea website. Let's see..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.