Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Holiday home insurance

Holiday home insurance

Old Jan 26th 2021, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday home insurance

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
some of the most competitive rates you get from Medal - they are the insurance brokers who work with AFPOP the association here for foreign residents and Visitors.
Just a note ref AFPOP health insurance with Allianz offered through AFPOP/Medal............you MUST be a Portuguese resident to take advantage of this.
Although it is true that to the best of my knowledge you are not asked directly if you are an actual Portuguese resident during the sign up process.
So I would not be very assured about cover.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

You do need to be PT resident for the PT private health cover they offer, but not to join AFPOP or (I think) to buy Portuguese house insurance.

Just to clarify, as this thread has been entirely about home insurance until this point.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard
You do need to be PT resident for the PT private health cover they offer, but not to join AFPOP or (I think) to buy Portuguese house insurance.

Just to clarify, as this thread has been entirely about home insurance until this point.
Yes fully agree Liveaboard, but my post albeit off topic, was just to make sure anyone remembering any mention of Allianz and AFPOP on the forum should be aware, that for health insurance (and very good it is), they MUST be resident in Portugal.
Old Jan 26th 2021, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
some of the most competitive rates you get from Medal - they are the insurance brokers who work with AFPOP the association here for foreign residents and Visitors.
We started with a house insurance from Millenium Bank. After that we switched to Medal (with a discount from Afpop) because the fee was much lower. If there is a problem, the Medal office can help you in several languages. When the fee is due and I am abroad, Medal sends me all the details to be able to pay the fee from abroad.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Just for information for anybody else with Schofields they are continuing to renew existing policies just not accepting new business at present.