Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Help , Help, Help

Help , Help, Help

Old Oct 26th 2010, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help , Help, Help

Can any one help me , before I loose the plot
My 18 year old son has come to join us in the algarve.
He has a job, but doesn't start until march
Does any of you need a little gardening doing or a pile of rocks moving, a wall painting, anything, he is a chef by trade, but is practical and has done gardening in the past.
If it is just a few hours
he is bleeding me dry
HELP
Old Oct 26th 2010, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice
Default Re: Help , Help, Help

A number of our family members have just brought a property and there is a chance they might need something doing - which end of the Algarve are you at?
B
Old Oct 26th 2010, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Titleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond reputeTitleist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newintavira
A number of our family members have just brought a property and there is a chance they might need something doing - which end of the Algarve are you at?
B
Hi we are west, I take you are tavira
Old Oct 26th 2010, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice

Well, mother in law is in Moncarapacho, a little bit nearer Faro, but still probably the wrong side for you unless he has transport?
Old Oct 26th 2010, 10:15 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not have a look in the 123 Algarve paper?
Old Oct 27th 2010, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

masterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to allmasterbaits is a name known to all

I might need a general labourer in a few weeks for a couple of days to a week , garden work ie tree trimming , putting in ally fence posts/markers , basically holding the other end of post drill while i operate it.
again though more closer to faro than lagos
Old Oct 27th 2010, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi , thanks for your reply's , By the way he does have transport
Old Oct 27th 2010, 8:42 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Some time ago restaurant Cachoa in Praia da Luz was looking for someone to help in the kitchen. The owner is called Tina, perhaps you can speak to her. Her English is perfect. (And the food is superb!)
Old Oct 27th 2010, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

zanzina is on a distinguished road

What does he or you want for him for a days work
Old Oct 27th 2010, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

6 euros an hour
Old Oct 30th 2010, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

6 euros an hour is pushing it, the going rate for most restaurants is €5 an hour (and that's a good rate, normally €24 euros a shift from 5 till closing!) and labouring he'd only get about the same, so €40 a day for 8 hours work...

Gx
Old Oct 30th 2010, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Supremegermalene
6 euros an hour is pushing it, the going rate for most restaurants is €5 an hour (and that's a good rate, normally €24 euros a shift from 5 till closing!) and labouring he'd only get about the same, so €40 a day for 8 hours work...

Gx
im shocked that they even pay as much as 5€!! I would have thought 3 euros was more like it!
Old Oct 30th 2010, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gedscottish
im shocked that they even pay as much as 5€!! I would have thought 3 euros was more like it!
Well yes €5 is a good rate! €6 is practically unheard of.

My friend pays her kitchen staff about €24 a night but they start at 5pm and don't usually finish until midnight. That's 7 hours, so around €3.50 an hour.

G
Old Oct 30th 2010, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've been cleaning this summer for portuguese and english, and have been getting 6 an hour, and that is considered low for cleaning, most others have been getting 7-7.50
Old Nov 6th 2010, 12:30 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titleist
I've been cleaning this summer for portuguese and english, and have been getting 6 an hour, and that is considered low for cleaning, most others have been getting 7-7.50
You should send that lazy git of a husband out to work instead if you ask me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.