Health Test at work?

Health Test at work?

Old Oct 21st 2013, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

James3D is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health Test at work?

Hi,
I had an interview for work in Lisbon to teach part time english,
it said on the form I required a mandatory health test prior to commencing work as by law. I am a UK/EU citizen, what I want to know is this true?
I am not averse to health tests but have some white coat syndrome.
What if you become self employed? Do you then have to give yousrelf a health test? lol.

In Spain, health tests to work were not required.
Old Oct 21st 2013, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Health Test at work?

Originally Posted by James3D
Hi,
I had an interview for work in Lisbon to teach part time english,
it said on the form I required a mandatory health test prior to commencing work as by law. I am a UK/EU citizen, what I want to know is this true?
I am not averse to health tests but have some white coat syndrome.
What if you become self employed? Do you then have to give yousrelf a health test? lol.

In Spain, health tests to work were not required.
Many businesses don't do it but I think I am right in saying if they have 3 or more employees it is law that they have HIGIENE E SEGURANÇA NO TRABALHO, which means they have to have certain equipment etc in the work place and the workers have to attend a designated doctor once a year. Its very basic, doctor will ask you about your health, check your blood pressure, confirm you have your tetanus in date and give you something to squeeze to check how much force you have in your hands! It is a load of crap that just costs small businesses money that could be better spent
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

James3D is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Health Test at work?

Ok lol,
my blood pressure zooms when I think of the Doctor!