Health care

Old Nov 11th 2011, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health care

I've asked around in the village, and no-one knows anything about this. But they will find out for me and I'll let you know.

Because I'm classed as having a disease, lol, hence all the cheap or free medication, I am obviously concerned.Yes, I can, if I have to pay for an operation and all the every day for the rest of my life tablets, but it's all very annoying that all of a sudden, this will be taken away.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Train driver John is an unknown quantity at this point

I've read this thread and it seems that I won't be able to get cheap healthcare if I move to PT. I'm planning to move when I'm 60, so won't yet be in receipt of a state pension & I won't be working. Can anyone recommend a company that supplies cheap medical insurance. Could you give me a rough idea of cost for myself and my wife, neither of us have any medical problems.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Train driver John
I've read this thread and it seems that I won't be able to get cheap healthcare if I move to PT. I'm planning to move when I'm 60, so won't yet be in receipt of a state pension & I won't be working. Can anyone recommend a company that supplies cheap medical insurance. Could you give me a rough idea of cost for myself and my wife, neither of us have any medical problems.
I can give you a price with "Multicare", but you would have to make the insurance before you hit 60(age limit of new policy's) Medis however as I believe will take you on if you are under 64.

Multicare example: a couple both aged 59 with "plano extra" would cost you 2.031,05 € per year(169,25€ per month) and expect it to increase as you get older. there are cheaper options.... for example if you only want for "hospitalisation"(in for min of 24 hours) it would cost 709€ per year for you both.

If you are not a frequent visitor to the doctor then I perhaps just opt for the latter, enough to give you peace of mind if you do need an operation etc.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

TELL is an unknown quantity at this point

As the UK pensionable age increases this will become a bigger problem for some.
Particularly women who from 2020 cannot retire until they are 66 even now those who thought they could retire this year at 60 will have to wait an extra year.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: Health care

We have been with Medis for 5 year but this year we have taken up the AFPOP insurance through Medal and we are saving 600 euros for relatively the same cover, put that with the money you save on car and house insurance it is certainly worth paying 60 euros for a couples membership of AFPOP.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CHOPPER
We have been with Medis for 5 year but this year we have taken up the AFPOP insurance through Medal and we are saving 600 euros for relatively the same cover, put that with the money you save on car and house insurance it is certainly worth paying 60 euros for a couples membership of AFPOP.
£££... cheaper than Medis?! So what company is your health insuance with now?

Last edited by gedscottish; Jan 17th 2012 at 8:33 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all

AFPOP and Medal insurance used to work with Multicare but this year they doubled their prices and they are now using Allianz.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

AFPOP and Medal insurance used to work with Multicare but this year they doubled their prices and they are now using Allianz.
Sorry, but whoever told you that the multicare prices doubled is talking complete and utter nonsense. This was AFPOP who informed(mis-informed) you?

On the plus side for you, Allianz has a decent reputation.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

From what I gather from a conversation tonight Allianz have agreed to transfer and accept pre-existing conditions for existing Clients. Be interested to see this in practise.....
Old Jan 19th 2012, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

The Multicare prices with the deal Medal and AFPOP had with them doubled.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

The Multicare prices with the deal Medal and AFPOP had with them doubled.
Well obviously I can't really comment on that... as I have no idea of the prices Medal/AFPOP were selling at.

I'll will be honest though, I am dubious about the claim that they could get a bigger discount than a Joe Bloggs broker/agent. I think there would be outrage from other agents in the same area as Medal if they found out Medal were able to give more discount than them. I mean, they would be as well as closing up shop if they could not compete. Medal "I am guessing" are just another broker, why would any insurance company give a certain agent the right to "special discounts"?!

As for AFPOP, unfortunatly it seems you can see no proof of these discounts before you join. I would think the idea of paying for their service is for unbiased information and advice, so I would like to think they are not telling people to make insurance or use X service as it is benificial for themselves or their partners... if that is the way they work, then membership should at least be "free"?!
Old Feb 25th 2012, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Train driver John is an unknown quantity at this point

I wrote to the Department for Work and Pensions (Overseas Healthcare Team, Tyneview Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE98 1BA)
They say that people below state pension age need form S1, which entitles you to be treated comparably to a Portuguese national. Entitlement for S1 is based on NI contributions in the two to three years prior to departure and then form S1 cover lasts for a maximum of two and a half years.
Once form S1 runs out you have to either join the Portuguese state health system (I guess by working there and paying tax) or joining a private health scheme.
They say once you start to claim your state pension you need to request form S1 again (formally E121) and a dependent form S1 for your partner.
So it looks like I will just 'need' to organise private health insure for about 3 years.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

Have been here for just over 6 years and was able to join the Health Service after about a year. Having had a pre-exsisting condition, I've been treated at Faro Hospital and our local Centre Saude - and very well too.

I just pay a percentage of the cost of the prescriptions needed, in one case, it's free.

Have just come out of Faro Hospital, having had a major op, brilliant care, no mention was made about paying for it.

I haven't been in touch with anyone in England about any forms, so maybe I've just been lucky? Oh, and I'm 55, so many years to go before I get my pension
Old Feb 25th 2012, 9:34 am
Banned

Benny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to all

[QUOTE=fuzetajan;9920189]Have just come out of Faro Hospital, having had a major op, brilliant care, no mention was made about paying for it.QUOTE]

Don't count on it, a friend who is 46 and has had free health care here for the past 5 years, had a major operation in October 2011, she has just received a bill for €2080 and has also been informed that she now has to pay for any further healthcare
Old Feb 25th 2012, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'll just wait and see. It was worth it though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.