Gymnasium Tavira

Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Sue and steve D is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gymnasium Tavira

Hi we're new to this forum and think it's great

We purchased an apartment in Tavira last year and wonder if there is a gymnasium. If so, can you advise the facilities that they have.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of
Default Re: Gymnasium Tavira

There is a gym called "The Freedom Gym". If you are walking then come across the wooden temporary bridge from the old market. You will see immediately in front a road that goes into a small square with a roundabout (small) and a chicken take away and a pizza take away/eat in place on your right. Pass in front of these, keeping them on your right and turn immediately right after the pizza place. You will know if you are on the right street because you will see on your right a hairdressers, a cafe and a book shop. On your left you will see a galp shop and a travel agent. The name of the road is "Rua Poeta Emiliano Costa" Walk on the right hand side of this street and you will see another cafe called the Caravela, direclty oposite this (on a corner) is the gym. It is the ground floor and basement of an apartment building.
I use this place, it is fairly basic, with weights and cardio equipment, they also have various classes. The cost varies depending on how often you want to go. It opens from 0930 to 1400 and 1600 to 2300 Mon to Fri and mornings only on Sat. Closed on Sun. Best time to go is the morning as there are not many people there, mostly used at night by the Portuguese.
Joao
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Sue and steve D is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gymnasium Tavira

Originally Posted by Joao
There is a gym called "The Freedom Gym". If you are walking then come across the wooden temporary bridge from the old market. You will see immediately in front a road that goes into a small square with a roundabout (small) and a chicken take away and a pizza take away/eat in place on your right. Pass in front of these, keeping them on your right and turn immediately right after the pizza place. You will know if you are on the right street because you will see on your right a hairdressers, a cafe and a book shop. On your left you will see a galp shop and a travel agent. The name of the road is "Rua Poeta Emiliano Costa" Walk on the right hand side of this street and you will see another cafe called the Caravela, direclty oposite this (on a corner) is the gym. It is the ground floor and basement of an apartment building.
I use this place, it is fairly basic, with weights and cardio equipment, they also have various classes. The cost varies depending on how often you want to go. It opens from 0930 to 1400 and 1600 to 2300 Mon to Fri and mornings only on Sat. Closed on Sun. Best time to go is the morning as there are not many people there, mostly used at night by the Portuguese.
Joao
Thanks for that. Will have a look the next time we are in Tavira
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:58 am
Just Joined

tomw is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Gymnasium Tavira

Originally Posted by Sue and steve D
Hi we're new to this forum and think it's great

We purchased an apartment in Tavira last year and wonder if there is a gymnasium. If so, can you advise the facilities that they have.
Hi Sue & Dave, there is a gym in the Tavira Garden complex that is open to non residents for a small charge. By all accounts it is well equipped and staffed, although I'm afraid to say, I haven't been there,some may say, I need to!
Tomw

Last edited by tomw; Apr 28th 2008 at 7:00 am. Reason: forgot to sign