Gas boiler

Old Sep 20th 2017, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Michele Griffiths is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gas boiler

Hi everyone, can anyone recommend an English speaking gas boiler repairer in the Tavira area, we are in Estorninhos. We are having intermittent problems with our boiler, it says no gas when there is gas and it usually starts when you turn it on and off but not always. We have had the boiler people in from Tavira 3 times, they poke about with a screwdriver, it works for a while and goes again. I'd quite like to get it fixed as the cold showers aren't always welcome!
Old Sep 20th 2017, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default Re: Gas boiler

If it has a battery for the spark then replace it.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ukkram
If it has a battery for the spark then replace it.
I've tried 3 new batteries. It's such an ongoing problem at first I just kept buying batteries hoping to fix it lol!
Old Sep 20th 2017, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Jet57 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we use Antonio Pereira to service our ROCA gas boiler. [email protected]. Tel 00351289092857 or 00351289829687

Might be worth dropping them an email to see if they can help. Think they are based in Olhao but they come out to us in Tavira no problem. Found them to be very reliable.

QUOTE=Michele Griffiths;12342680]I've tried 3 new batteries. It's such an ongoing problem at first I just kept buying batteries hoping to fix it lol![/QUOTE]
Old Sep 20th 2017, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Ok thank you that is great, I'll email him tomorrow.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michele Griffiths
Hi everyone, can anyone recommend an English speaking gas boiler repairer in the Tavira area, we are in Estorninhos. We are having intermittent problems with our boiler, it says no gas when there is gas and it usually starts when you turn it on and off but not always. We have had the boiler people in from Tavira 3 times, they poke about with a screwdriver, it works for a while and goes again. I'd quite like to get it fixed as the cold showers aren't always welcome!
Know the problem well, but do think it is water pressure-related rather than gas. Had a couple of technicians in , change batteries, fiddle a bit and then it runs well for an indeterminant time.

Domestic routine :

1. Turn on shower - does not get hot.
2. Turn off shower
3. Paddle to kitchen - turn on kitchen sink tap ( the one nearest the boiler )
4. Boiler ignites
5. Go back turn on shower
6. Turn it on
7. Paddle back to kitchen and turn off kitchen sink tap
8. Back and enjoy a hot shower.

Phone technician.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Sounds very similar to our routine..but our events took a turn for the worse when we changed the water filter and suddenly we have no water in the house at all! Now gone from cold shower to no shower and hoping we can get hold of the borehole man in the morning...