Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Flying a dog to Germany, need help!

Flying a dog to Germany, need help!

Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Gosia will become famous soon enough
Default Flying a dog to Germany, need help!

Hello
I know it is BRITISH expats forum and I am asking about a flight to Germany but maybe I get lucky... I know one Brit that has a German girlfriend, so maybe there are more or maybe someone is going on holidays...

The story is like this: a month ago I had a visit of 2 friends from Germany. We were driving on the road from Sesimbra to Azeitao, me in my car and they just behind me. And a dog entered the road. I had picked up so many dogs from the roads that time that I thought, I can't, I will just close my eyes. But they stopped the car, got out and the dog run immediately to them.

It was a girl, absolutely sweet. She got into the car immediately. We went to the vet to check the chip. No chip. But pregnant. We took her to my home and the cleaning started. I have never seen a dog so much covered with ticks as that one. We were removing those big disgusting ticks and it was quite painful to her but she submitted herself to it.

The German friends left the next day home. But they said they wanted to take her to Germany. We named her Franka. We had her sterilised. As we thought, all those ticks resulted in tick fever so she had to go through a month of antibiotics. In the meantime another German woman from Sesimbra took her into her house, temporalily. Franka is very well behaved in the house.

The treatment is finishing. She will soon get the vaccinations. Noone is looking for her here, so she is probably not lost but abandoned like so many others. But the German friends in Frankfurt found already a home for her.

All we need is a flight. If someone flies to from Portugal (best Lisbon, can be Faro) to Germany (Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Cologne), the best with Air Berlin but Lufthansa also acceptable, could you take Franka with you? It is painless: I meet you at the airport, check-in the dog, pay and Barbara meets you at the airport in Germany. Anyone can help?
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:51 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying a dog to Germany, need help!

You're flying a dog?

Sorry, I'm not being much help am I?
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Dog: in Portugal.

Family that wants to give him home: in Germany.
Friend of those that actually picked up the dog from the highway in Portugal.

Portugal --- Germany.

The - dog - needs - to - go - to - Germany.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 1:54 pm
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough
Wink Re: Flying a dog to Germany, need help!

Originally Posted by derbyflan
You're flying a dog?

Sorry, I'm not being much help am I?
Old Jul 20th 2009, 1:55 pm
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Flying a dog to Germany, need help!

Originally Posted by derbyflan
By the way, i am loving your signature.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

Any chance of payment? The reason I ask is I have some volunteers here until end Aug and they may be interested in exchange for help towards their flights.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

If they go by Lufthansa, I don't think so b/c it is already expensive, it is 10 euros per kilo and Franka is 19 kgs. If they go by Air Berlin, it is cheaper for dogs so I could talk with the guys, maybe they would agree. Let me know if you know anything more concrete from your volunteers.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

I do not think they have booked any flights yet, I will ask them.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

If they have not booked any flights yet I doubt they will find anything cheap with Air Berlin. AB is cheap in advance but not on short notice. On short notice Lufthansa might have soem offers. But yes please ask them.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

MartynCymro is just really niceMartynCymro is just really niceMartynCymro is just really niceMartynCymro is just really niceMartynCymro is just really niceMartynCymro is just really niceMartynCymro is just really niceMartynCymro is just really nice

No conclusion, but as it was April I presume the matter is concluded.
Hope you managed to sort something out for the dog and that it was a happy ending! Always good to read about someone helping anyone/thing, person or animal, in distress.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 1:28 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

is it a 7paw7?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 7:16 am
I.T Expert - Algarve

Exclamation Re: Flying a dog to Germany, need help!

Originally Posted by MartynCymro
No conclusion, but as it was April I presume the matter is concluded.
Hope you managed to sort something out for the dog and that it was a happy ending! Always good to read about someone helping anyone/thing, person or animal, in distress.
????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!! April???
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Since when July, 17th reads April?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

MartynCymro is just really niceMartynCymro is just really niceMartynCymro is just really niceMartynCymro is just really niceMartynCymro is just really niceMartynCymro is just really niceMartynCymro is just really niceMartynCymro is just really nice

Sorry Gosia!! I looked to the left and saw April, but that's the date you joined. My excuse is that I only came out of hospital yesterday after a major operation and wasn't focusing properly. Anyway, good luck I hope someone comes up with somnething to help you.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi, are you still looking for someone, my volunteers are returning to Germany and would be prepared to accompany the dog in return for financial arrangement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.